1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pillow Talk

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Benjamin, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I recently caught a lot of flak for paying $89.00 for a new pillow for myself. Well, my old pillow was like... all knotted up... and I happened by and saw the sign at Linens and Things, that is going out of business and having a big sale, and I checked all the pillows out and there was one that was $139.00 but I liked mine better. It was 25% off too. I thought I got a good deal :( So...I'm wondering how much you guys would pay for a pillow?

2. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

How much would I pay for a pillow????

Depends on how much flak I want to catch from my wife

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :type:

3. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

Must be nice to be rich and be able to pay $89 for a pillow--on sale! I've never paid more than $15 for a pillow. Of course, it's been many years since I bought one. I bought special contoured pillows. You really got taken in my opinion. Did they have gold trim on them, or have pillows actually gotten that expensive?

4. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

AS stiff as my neck is this morning, I'd have paid that if I didn't feel quite like a wooden plank :thumbs:

5. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    A good pillow is worth it's weight in gold if you suffer from back and neck pain. Unfortunately, some companies know this and overcharge. The most expensive pillow I ever bought was about $50 and I got it on sale for about $30. It's a year or two old and I still haven't had to replace it, and it really helps me get a good night's sleep. So, in that respect it's been a real bargain. Before that I was buying cheap pillows and they would go flat every few months.

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    well, lets seee oh my goodness pillow talk pu-ts me to sle--ep:sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

7. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

We use Sobakawa pillows (buckwheat hulls). It sounds horrible, but they are wonderful! They can be folded, wadded, twisted or whatever to fit just right under your neck. My neck doesn't hurt anymore since I've been sleeping on one. I paid $20 for a set of two, a few years ago, but I've not been able to find them that cheap since.

8. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

$2.50 from walmart every 3 months....

9. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

I suggest that for one with a chronic neck pain (contrasted with someone who is a chronic "pain in the neck"), if a pillow would help ease this, it would be cheap at half the price!

And this might even make Momma happier, as well, especially if her "chronic pain in the neck" was not suffering from a pain in the neck! :D :laugh: :laugh:

Ed

10. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let the feathers fly on this controversial topic.

11. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hmm, maybe that's it...I should have bought her a pillow too... Wonder if they're still available... I could surprise her.

12. donnA

donnA Active Member

A bad pillow causes stiff sore neck, back pain, headaches, and probably others I don't even know about. If I could spend that much for a pillow I sure would. I've been a victim of many bad pillows, with a lot of pain, recently it was tremendous should and neck pain for which I needed medication (and I am not a medication happy person, I don't take stuff unless I really think I need it , like diabettes and high blood pressure meds). We looked around locally for a good pillow for me, and I 'settled' on a memory foam pillow, which is great it doesn't bunch up, but it isn't high enough for a side sleeper, which I am, so I ahve an old flat pillow under it.

13. donnA

donnA Active Member

I did ask my huabnd when I bought it if he wanted one ans he said no. He layed on mine once we got home and said no again. But I did ask.

14. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I can't find a good pillow, so I just pay about $5.00 every few months at Wal-Mart. If I could find a good hard pillow that would let me sleep without a stiff neck, I would pay more...but not over $50.00.

15. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I spent about $15 once on a memory foam pillow, and found I'm allergic to whatever they put in the foam on those things! Swollen eyes, wheezing, etc.. I went back to buying the $5 pillows real fast!
    Oh, except for the time I spent $10 on a body pillow about 10 years ago.

As long as it's a pillow, I'm happy! I love pillows! I don't use them as much anymore, but I love being surrounded with them. However, I usually end up just wadding up a corner of my blankie and not even using one anymore unless I'm sick.

I've always wanted to try a feather one, but they make me sneeze. I guess I'm just cheap. ACK! :laugh:

16. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't you mean "CHEEP"?:smilewinkgrin::sleeping_2: