1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pink Floyd Floats Black Pig Balloon with Star of David and Regime Symbols

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by InTheLight, Jul 25, 2013.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    British rock star Roger Waters has been criticised by Jewish groups after a pig-shaped balloon featuring the Star of David was released into the sky during a recent concert in Belgium. As well as the Star of David, it also featured symbols of organisations and regimes from around the world.

"I came to the concert because I really like his music, without any connection to his political stance toward Israel,” Alon Onfus Asif, an Israeli living in Belgium told Israeli daily Yediot Ahronot. “And I had a lot of fun, until I noticed the Star of David, on the inflatable pig. That was the only religious-national symbol which appeared among other symbols for fascism, dictatorships and oppression of people. Waters crossed the line and gave expression to an anti-Semitic message, beyond all his messages of anti-militancy.”

Next to the Star of David, on the wild pig balloon, there was also a sign of oil conglomerate Shell, and a graffiti message stating, ‘Everything will be okay, just keep consuming,’ and ‘What’s wrong with people?’” Yediot reported further, calling the incident “a blatantly anti-Semitic display.”

The pig's hind quarters appear to feature a silhouette of a man giving a Nazi salute.

http://www.algemeiner.com/2013/07/2...-waters-concert-features-star-of-david-video/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...id-released-Roger-Waters-concert-Belgium.html