1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Piper's sermon on Election

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by tfisher1, Apr 26, 2006.

1. tfisher1

tfisher1 New Member

For those who like Piper... may I challenge you to download his message on Election... from Romans 9. He has been preaching through Romans for the last 8 years or so and I have listened to probably 130 of the sermons, but this one is especially POWERFUL.
    Download Sermon # 132 dated 1/12/03....

web page

WARNING: If you hunger for powerful, passionate preaching from the meat of the Word, be prepared to feast!

Todd

2. tfisher1

tfisher1 New Member

PSS....

You may also want to download the 4-5 messages that follow that one as they are all on the section of Romans that deal with Election. He gets into the "I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy" issues in a sermon or two after that.

I would like to see the thoughts of some who have such a disdain for a calvinistic view on Romans 9, after they listen to the message. For me personally it is right on. But I would be curious as to see some legitimate problems with his exegis. Not really trying to start a debate thread here, just wanting to see what might be able to proven wrong with a specific point he makes.

Todd

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

This is too broad. Where to begin?

Are you serious...8 YEARS? Wow, someone needs to tell him there are 65 other books in the Bible. :D

4. NateT

NateT Member

Yes it has been 8 years, however, it has not been 8 years straight. He preaches different series, and books in between. But he always comes backs to Romans.

5. Frenchy

Frenchy New Member

we had a pastor who passed away who spent 5 years going through Romans most Sunday mornings. it is the meatiest book in the bible. if you want a pastor who able to feed you meat find out what he believes about Romans that will tell you a lot. Romans consist of our condition before Christ during and after and lots of phrophesy.