1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Plan to stop Baptists Protesting at Soldiers Funerals.

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by Ben W, Apr 12, 2006.

1. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

But I think that any protest at a soldier's funeral, even one in support of what the soldier died for, and against Phelpsian heresy, is an affront to the grieving family.

Democracy or no, there are just some placs and times which are sacred.

2. artjaggard

artjaggard New Member

Hi folks,
    First post here.
    Being from Kansas it occurs to me that Phelps can call himself what he wants, but we should not be calling him baptist. There are lots of folks who say they are baptist "and are not but worship in the synagogue of satan". We at least should call them pseudo baptists. There must be a better label.

Meanwhile Ed wrote:

My solution was to let the Phelp's pay for
    their own bodyguards instead of the
    community/state providing their bodyguards.
    But that sounds pretty un-Christian

I reply:
    The real un-Christian thing to do would be to pull the body gaurds out mid-protest. Though I understand that the Phelp's clan has a lawsuit alleging that happened in Tenn.

Art Jaggard

3. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

But I think that any protest at a soldier's funeral, even one in support of what the soldier died for, and against Phelpsian heresy, is an affront to the grieving family.

Democracy or no, there are just some placs and times which are sacred.
    </font>[/QUOTE]I agree that it's deplorable and an affront to the grieving family. But, that soldier gave his life fighting for our country and what's left of our Constitution. Why abridge it further and accelerate it's complete demise by ignoring it and banning the protests?

Simply let them provide their own body guards, though.