1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Planned Parenthood Confirms its Extreme Baby-Killer Status

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In testimony that shocked Florida legislators, a lobbyist for Planned Parenthood explained that “her organization believes the decision to kill an infant who survives a failed abortion should be left up to the woman seeking an abortion and her abortion doctor.” But what else should we expect from an organization that has made countless millions of dollars off the killing of unborn babies?

As reported March 29, 2012 by the Weekly Standard, these legislators were “considering a bill to require abortionists to provide medical care to an infant who survives an abortion,” similar to the Born Alive Protection Act that Barack Obama voted against four times before he was president.

Rep. Jim Boyd was so taken aback by the testimony of Alisa LaPolt Snow, the Planned Parenthood lobbyist, that he said to her, “So, um, it is just really hard for me to even ask you this question because I’m almost in disbelief. If a baby is born on a table as a result of a botched abortion, what would Planned Parenthood want to have happen to that child that is struggling for life?”

http://www.lifenews.com/2013/04/01/planned-parenthood-confirms-its-extreme-baby-killer-status/

2. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here's my favorite part - if you will allow me to use that word ( I realize this is not a laughing matter.) It's even better on television because you can see her trying to back pedal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

".....Snow replied, “That decision should be between the patient and the health care provider,” to which Oliva rightly countered, “I think that at that point the patient would be the child struggling on the table, wouldn’t you agree?”

Snow was obviously caught off guard and could only reply, “That’s a very good question. I really don’t know how to answer that. I would be glad to have some more conversations with you about this.”

In other words, even I can’t pretend to defend my own ridiculous position here."

3. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Its indefensible as is supporting PP under any circumstances.

4. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I always have to wonder do these people really believe what they are saying? It's obvious that she had not thought her position through very well - her pat answer of "it's up to the patient and the doctor" was so stupid to start with.

It just boggles my mind to hear these people's ignorance. I mean really - was that the best she could do was to say "I'd love to have more conversations with you about it."?

Were they not engaged in conversation at that moment?

5. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They do not want to say publically what is really on their heart and what the real agenda is. Which is that the woman is more important than the baby. And the baby is inconsequential to the rights, desires, and wishes of the woman.