1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Planned Parenthood Hires a Chaplain

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by HeDied4U, Mar 12, 2004.

1. HeDied4U

HeDied4U Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This article comes courtesy of Crosswalk.com's Religion Summaries for Today e-mail feature. I don't have a direct link to the article (although I'm sure one exists someplace), so that's why I'm posting it in its entirety. Would like to hear your thoughts on this. I'll post mine following the article.

------------------------------

Planned Parenthood Hires Chaplain to Add 'Spiritual' Element
    Susan Jones, CNS News

Planned Parenthood, a frequent critic of the "religious right," has hired a chaplain to "articulate the spiritual dimensions of sexuality and reproduction." The Rev. Ignacio Castuera, a Methodist, will fill the newly created post, from which he will "act as a public spokesperson to promote Planned Parenthood's mission and vision," the Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) announced earlier this week.

At a recent pro-abortion rally in Texas, Planned Parenthood President Gloria Feldt reportedly said that the organization created the chaplain position to counter the perception that most Christians oppose abortion. The Rev. Dr. Ignacio Castuera currently serves as Senior Pastor of St. John's United Methodist Church in Los Angeles and is described as a "strong advocate for choice" and a "staunch supporter" of Planned Parenthood. Rev. Castuera is on record as saying that a fetus is not a child and, according to the Planned Parenthood press release, "will play a pivotal role in communicating the theological justification for choice, sexuality, and contraception to the Planned Parenthood community and the general public." In addition, Dr. Castuera will work with affiliates to expand their relationships with religious leaders and organizations in their communities."

-------------------------------------

Perception? PERCEPTION?? I don't know what rock this lady just crawled out from under, but the vast majority of Christians in my neck of the woods certainly oppose killing a baby. There's no perception about it!!

I wish someone could explain to me before I die (may have to wait for God to answer this one however) how someone could could call themselves a reverend/pastor/minister/or whatever and be "pro-choice" a.k.a. pro-death [​IMG]

I wonder if the good "reverend" has read Psalm 139:13, which states, "For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother's womb." Now, if the "fetus" isn't a child, then just what was God covering in that mother's womb? Hmmmm??

Theological justification for choice?? :eek: :eek: As far as I'm concerned, and believe me, I'm no theological giant by any means, how in the world can there be a theological justification for choice? I can't wait to hear that one.

And finally...

I feel sorry for any religious leader or organization that get involves this guy, because, after all, you know what they say..."You lie with dogs and you'll wind up with fleas."

God Bless!!!

Adam

(okay, i'm climbing down from my soapbox now)