1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Planning to pay off the national debt is fiction

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by billwald, Jul 14, 2011.

1. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

2. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

1. then why was the industrial north more prosperous than than the slave south? economicially speaking, slavery is just a form of cheap labor, and in reality wage labor is cheaper than slave labor, hence the industrial north's relative prosperity.

2. What you speak of is commonly referred to as "wage slavery", in which wage earners are locked into their jobs and denied pursuite of economic advancement and attending freedoms. Yes, this does exist in our society, but capitalism offers the best way out of wage slavery, especially Jeffersonian capitalism.

3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Unless the Lord Himself intercedes, we the people (and at least the next generation) will pay the debt when the tsunami of inflation caused by the combination of the 2009 multi-trillion dollar "stimulus"/Health Bill package earthquake hits the shores of America.

HankD

4. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

There is a good case to be made that the Lord is already interceding to make America "go away" in order to advance the timetable for the end time events. I can find no reference in end time activities to any great nation from the West coming along to bail out Israel, participate in the final battles, etc., all of which point to some issues regarding our future as a powerful nation. I fully expect that we in America, as well as believers around the world (many of whom have never lived a day apart from biblical tribulation!) will experience the trials and tribulations described in the Bible concerning the coming of the end times.

5. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I have to agree and have thought about that possibility many times.

6. mandym

mandym New Member

It is not just trials and tribulations. That is far to simple a characterization. It is in fact the wrath of God. And we will not be here for God's wrath as blood bought believers.

7. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

I am sure that we could have a large discussion about the difference between the wrath of God and the trials and tribulations in the coming age, but that is not the intent of the OP of this thread.

As I suggested above, many of the believers down through the ages have not experienced the same level of life comfort that we American and some European Christians have experienced. They have lived a daily life of trial and tribulation without being raptured out of what many call God's wrath. I believe there is a distinction and that we are not immune! In fact, I also believe that the poor level of Scriptural understanding between the wrath and trials issues found in Scripture has led to an extremely weak church in the areas where that sort of health and wealth gospel has been preached for decades if not centuries. As long as we go about thinking that God will rescue us from any uncomfortable life issue, WE will be the ones doing the great "falling away" when those times come a-callin'.

8. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have seen a reference to "the isles" of Gensis 10:1, Isaiah 66:19 and many other places which identify "the isles" as the British Isles and America as part of those "isles" being a colony of Great Britain.

Genesis 10:1 Now these are the generations of the sons of Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth: and unto them were sons born after the flood.
    2 The sons of Japheth; Gomer, and Magog, and Madai, and Javan, and Tubal, and Meshech, and Tiras.
    3 And the sons of Gomer; Ashkenaz, and Riphath, and Togarmah.
    4 And the sons of Javan; Elishah, and Tarshish, Kittim, and Dodanim.
    5 By these were the isles of the Gentiles divided in their lands; every one after his tongue, after their families, in their nations.​

Isaiah 66:19 And I will set a sign among them, and I will send those that escape of them unto the nations, to Tarshish, Pul, and Lud, that draw the bow, to Tubal, and Javan, to the isles afar off, that have not heard my fame, neither have seen my glory; and they shall declare my glory among the Gentiles.​

The theory sounds a little mormonesque "that draw the bow" as relating to the Native Americans.​

isles : Hebrew: aiim.​

HankD​