1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Platform of Ron Paul

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, Nov 23, 2011.

1. billwald

billwald New Member

>Ron Paul is a novelty in the Republican Party. His views are unique and although I don't agree with all of them, he does say things I like. Regardless, he has no chance of winning the primary, let alone the general election.

Agree BUT he may be a good second to Newt's presidency. Why Newt? Because we all know exactly what we would be getting. A world-wise old time politician and crook. We can live with that!!!! What we DON'T need is experimental ding-bats.

2. mandym

mandym New Member

RP is not my first choice but I would not be disappointed if he were to win the election.

3. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

Ruiz, BillWald: Check me on this but I believe in regards to the gold standard, the dollars to gold ratio is allowed to fluctuate with changes in gold supply and dollars demand. However, such changes would require congressional approval and would be done in full view of the public.

Fiat money, central banking, and the Fed all combine to create a system that operates in secrecy, is not accountable to the public, manipulates (steals) the value of our money as soon as the ATM or bank hand it over to us, and forces people to borrow at usury rates in order to try to keep up with the loss of value of their dollars. And if that's not enough, it will eventually fail in a catastrophic bubble-burst.

Our monetary system is the most ungodly, immoral system ever hatched out of hell. It took me 53 years of living to understand it even though I've heard it all my life. I hope more people can get a grasp on it and understand what Ron Paul is trying to do before it's too late.

4. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  5. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    From the OP article:

".... Paul has many times confronted Congress with a bill to audit the Federal Reserve Board, which Congress has repeatedly turned down."

Wonder why?

6. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Probably because certain Congresspeople would turn it into political theater. Probably because most if not all the information that would be sought in an audit is available.

7. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Excerpts from:

'Federal Reserve Transparency Act'

"The Federal Reserve Transparency Act of 2009 (H.R. 1207) was a bill introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives of the 111th United States Congress by Congressman Ron Paul (TX-14). It proposed a reformed audit of the Federal Reserve System (the "Fed") before the end of 2010. The bill had 319 cosponsors, and was referred to the Committee on Financial Services. Its Senate version, introduced by Senator Bernie Sanders (Ind.-VT), was called the Federal Reserve Sunshine Act of 2009 (S. 604), and it had 32 cosponsors. A related bill used the same two names in reverse order. An amendment with similar provisions was added to the Federal Stability Improvement Act (H.R. 3996) by the House Committee on Financial Services in November 2009. The bill was reintroduced in the House by Ron Paul, and in the Senate by his son Rand Paul, during the 112th United States Congress as H.R. 459 and S. 202. As of September 26th 2011, the House bill has 182 cosponsors and the Senate bill has 8 cosponsors."

"According to its short title, the Federal Reserve Transparency Act of 2009 (H.R. 1207) amends Title 31 of the United States Code "to reform the manner in which the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System is audited by the Comptroller General of the United States and the manner in which such audits are reported". It strikes exceptions to the audit protocol in 31 U.S.C. § 714 for the Federal Reserve System, the central bank of the United States, and replaces an indefinite deadline with a deadline of December 2010.[1] It also ensures the audit results are available to Congress.[2] The audit would include the Fed's "discount window", its funding facilities, its open market operations, and its agreements with foreign bankers.[3]

"Proponents state that the Fed has never been audited by Congress since the Fed's creation in 1913.[4][5] The Federal Reserve states that "the financial statements of the Federal Reserve Banks and the Board of Governors are audited annually by an independent outside auditor."[6] The bill's sponsor, Congressman Ron Paul (R-TX), counters by stating that the present audit process exempts the Fed's "most crucial activities".[7]"

#47 kyredneck, Nov 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2011
  8. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Very interesting. I thought all was known, just that it would be a chore to piece it together.

Do you know what these "crucial activities" might be?

9. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No I don't, would welcome enlightenment from any that do know.

10. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Exemptions to the Scope of GAO Audits

"The Government Accounting Office does not have complete access to all aspects of the Federal Reserve System. The law excludes the following areas from GAO inspections (31 USCA §714):

(1) transactions for or with a foreign central bank, government of a foreign country, or nonprivate international financing organization;

(2) deliberations, decisions, or actions on monetary policy matters, including discount window operations, reserves of member banks, securities credit, interest on deposits, open market operations;

(3) transactions made under the direction of the Federal Open Market Committee; or

(4) a part of a discussion or communication among or between members of the Board of Governors and officers and employees of the Federal Reserve System related to items.

In 1993 Wayne D. Angell, then a member of the Board of Governors, submitted testimony before a House subcommittee on the reasons for the restrictions on GAO access. He commented,

By excluding these areas, the Act attempts to balance the need for public accountability of the Federal Reserve through GAO audits against the need to insulate the central bank's monetary policy functions from short-term political pressures and to ensure that foreign central banks and governmental entities can transact business in the U.S. financial markets through the Federal Reserve on a confidential basis.2"

Audit the Federal Reserve for answers (Ron Paul)

"There is a statute in place that allows audits of the Federal Reserve; however, the most crucial activities of the Fed are specifically exempted. I seek to remove these exemptions to get a clearer picture of what is going on with our monetary system. For instance, what arrangements does it have with other foreign central banks? What the Fed does on that front could very well affect or undermine foreign policy — even contribute to starting a war. We also need to know the source and destination of funds provided through the Fed’s emergency funding facilities. This information will provide a more accurate and complete picture of the true cost of these endless bailouts and spending packages and could very likely affect the decisions being made in Congress."

#50 kyredneck, Nov 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2011
  11. billwald

billwald New Member

>Fiat money, central banking, and the Fed all combine to create a system that operates in secrecy

I oppose ALL government secrecy!

12. billwald

billwald New Member

>forces people to borrow at usury rates in order to try to keep up with the loss of value of their dollars.

Say again? Confusing borrowing and investing?

"Money" is a convenience, not a story of value.

A moderate and predictable price/money inflation helps those who borrow money for legit reasons. Nothing is going to help people who borrow money for toys or vacations. This has nothing to do with fiat money.

13. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does that include National / Military security?

14. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

The problem is that most people are not aware that their money is losing value so they plan their expenditures based on its current value. When it doesn't work out as planned, they have to borrow to keep up with payments.

My grocery bill increased this month, but my pay didn't. Multiply that probelm by 12, the number of months in a year, and by the end of the year I'm in financial trouble. If I'm living on the margin, I'm financially dead. And there you have - a description of life in America.

15. billwald

billwald New Member

>Does that include National / Military security?

Yes. Especially the military. Bring the spies home.

>The problem is that most people are not aware that their money is losing value so they plan their expenditures based on its current value. When it doesn't work out as planned, they have to borrow to keep up with payments.

In what dreamland are people living in? When haven't prices risen most every year? Payments on what? The purpose of a fixed rate mortgage is that it gets cheaper every year as the money gets inflated. I admit I have no sympathy for people with variable mortgages and credit card balances.

>My grocery bill increased this month, but my pay didn't. Multiply that probelm by 12, the number of months in a year, and by the end of the year I'm in financial trouble.

Probably a good thing if some people are forced to stop eating processed food and learn to cook.

>If I'm living on the margin, I'm financially dead. And there you have - a description of life in America.

True. But the USA is still the best place the world, all things considered. It will be much harder for the grandkids than we had it. The down hill started about 20 years ago. but if you are over 40 you grew up in the best place in the world for the working class people.

16. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It would be contrary to his core principles to unite with one who advocates for a 'regime change' in Iran.

Going on Ron Paul's past record of consistency, that would never happen. RP is a man of principle. Newt is not.

#56 kyredneck, Nov 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2011
  17. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    AMEN! And it kills my soul to think my grandchildren are not going to know the America that I grew up in. The middle class is being eradicated in this country.

18. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since no one wants to defend Paul's issues - save one - then it is confirmed that Ron is definitely off my "will consider to vote for" list.

19. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

Also opposed to secret ballots of employees voting for/against union representation?
    At least you're consistant!

20. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ....heheh, this is kinda sorta what I wuz refurrin' to:

Ron Paul Hits Newt Gingrich Over “Serial Hypocrisy”