1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

PLAY-DOUGH JESUS : THE SAVIOR OF GAME-BOY CHRISTIANS

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by lifeandliberty, Mar 29, 2006.

1. lifeandliberty

lifeandliberty New Member

It's past time for the Church to start acting like the Church and lift the bushel off of her smoldering candle. The abortion holocaust "will" end only when the Church says so. Thus far She hasn't shown much concern over millions of dead children.

The play-dough Jesus that many serve just doesn't seem to care enough about murdered children to "call" more Christians to action. He has, after all, been molded into our image and wouldn't think of demanding something of his people that isn't self gratifying and comfortable. That's the great thing about play-dough; you can reshape it into any image you wish.

I can't understand why in most cities that have free standing baby murdering mills, you can usually count on one hand the total number of Christians who are willing to do anything about saving the children scheduled to die. I have no doubt that the Just, Holy and Ignored Messiah of Rev. 3:16 is feeling nauseous. The people of this world will never be redeemed and the children will continue to be butchered as long as the Church places its priorities on self-gratifying and time sapping activities.

As long as we home schooling parents teach our children that time is best spent at serving self, they will grow up to be the self servers that they were trained to be. To train up a child in the way he should go is to train him up to be as sacrificial and compassionate as our Messiah himself.

I am grieved as I watch so many home schooling families baptize their young in useless entertainment and frivolous activity while the world steadily marches on to hell. Protecting our children from the ungodly influences of the public school system is only a part of preparing them for a holy life.

The fields are white but it is seldom noticed by my home schooled brethren who are too busy running their children from one athletic event to another and from one Church activity to another. The very ones who actually have the freedom to reap are neglecting the harvest.

Brother’s and Sister’s, rather than filling your children’s days with endless “eternally insignificant” activity, consider regularly taking the time to show them how to reach out to the lost. Consider training them in the ways of our Blessed Messiah who gave His all and demands that we give no less.

This was written out of concern for the snoozing Church whom I love and grieve over.

He who has ears to hear, let him hear.

For the rest of my Game-boy brothers and sisters,

Get back to your play-dough!

Dennis Green

Life and Liberty Ministries

2. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

We are to be lights and share the truth with people, but there is only but so much we can do rearding their actions. We cannot control people, and sometimes our complaining at their lifestyles (while we do things wrong ourselves) makes it worse. And this in itself can get into the very "self-interest" you complain about, because often the activists operate from some notion of restoring some romanticized 'Christian America', and they don't really care about the souls we are trying to win, they only want "the nation" back, in terms of taking power. Our job is not to save the nation, as if we have the power to stop the world from "steadily marhing towards hell". People have choice, and many, God has probably given over to their sins (Rom.1). What do you want, a Christian jihad? As it is, that's what many think we want!

3. Chemnitz

Chemnitz New Member

Well it is obvious the answer to the problem is to not take your kids to church activities and send them to public schools so that they can be properly indoctrinated as selfless people who care and accept all people for who they are.

4. rbell

rbell Active Member

Lifeandliberty,

Congratulations on your career in painting. Might I suggest a 3 or 6 inch brush? You shouldn't use a 160-foot brush to paint with. Makes a mess.

We should definitely ask God's forgiveness for ever having fun with our children. God doesn't want our kids to have any fun.

And since you haven't personally seen us at a pro-life event, or counseling girls to not abort, or helping unwed mothers...then that, of course, means that we don't do it. Only ministry you personally observe is valid.

And yes, of course...I almost forgot...only home-schooled children go to heaven.

Now, let's all do a cheer...
    two, four, six, eight...
    everyone pontificate!

Sheesh.

5. mcneely

mcneely New Member

That's right. The Church has made it's stand on the issue of abortion, and spoken openly against it. I think everything that can be done IS being done by the Church, including countless ministries and programs.

---Justin

6. mcneely

mcneely New Member

Lifeandliberty,

Your post is a bit extreme, don't you think? In fact, it's probably one of the most fanatical things I've ever read. I hope this isn't how you witness to people. This could serve to confuse and put-off (not to mention horrify) many people concerning the clear message.

---Justin

7. Chemnitz

Chemnitz New Member

I think they just want to pontificate rather than discuss.