1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Playing the patriotism card.

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Bob Alkire, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AtpLM0eGNsFra.lR1n7KvbS8vLYF?slug=aw-krzyzewskiworlds090910
    When did patriotism become low life or wrong. I've always knew that the sports writers were know to be as liberal or more so than news writers. I found out years ago how many college professors for the most part were rather liberal. I know hear it from many ministers that I meet in my travels as well as in some seminaries(from professors) that I have been to this year. I even hear it from pastors that I have believed were conservative. Patriotism to country, school and lets say family does not replace God, He is first in everything.

I'm not a Duke fan but I believe Krzyzewski is one of the best and agree with him on believing that the USA got jobbed back in the 70's against the USSR.

"Krzyzewski stopped for a second, turned around and passed on answering whether he had any regrets or had simply expressed his true belief that a differing perspective on the ’72 Olympic gold-medal game constituted some kind of patriotic treachery.
    Krzyzewski played the patriotism card to his advantage with Team USA, and yet later didn"t want the accountability of its ownership."