1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Playoffs?

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by ccrobinson, Jan 4, 2008.

1. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

Anyone else figured the game was over this evening when the snow started falling in Green Bay? I saw the first few flurries and figured that was the end of Seattle's season.

2. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did great until Sunday... But any day the Cowboys lose and TO cries is a good day. :laugh:

New England and Green Bay win this weekend.

3. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I did good this week. Any one else think that the Chargers would win?. The Colts just did not seem to have the "pizazz" they had last year.

Anyhow here is my next prediction:

New England over San Diego
    Giants over Green Bay.

4. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I think those were crocodile tears that weren't running out behind his giant sunglasses. Donovan McNabb and Jeff Garcia had to be laughing their butts off watching TOs postgame "crying" session.

Yeah, it looked like they just ran out of gas late in the game, like all the injuries finally caught up to them.

I may need to readjust my thoughts about Norv Turner. I've never thought much of him as a head coach, and he's the reason I picked Indy. Maybe his real problem as a head coach is that his teams were never very good in the first place. With that said, I don't think the Chargers stand a chance against New England and I'll take the Packers over the Giants.

5. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I was 3-1 for the week.

I am anxious to hear from Jimmy and find out how many Dallas folks are on the ledge this morning wanting Wade fired etc.

Here are my picks:

New England over SD

Packers over Giants

6. chuck2336

chuck2336 Member

How about them GIANTS! :thumbs:

Anyway New England over SD / Giants over GB

Super bowl Prediction GIANTS over Pats! :praying:

7. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Pastor I have been out of town this past week - but the folks in the Big D are back on triple suicide watch - first the little mavs go down to golden state, now the boys blow it.

Most analysis I have heard is that wade should and does get one more year, now that Jason Garrett has been re-signed for another contract at 3 mill per year (same as the head coach I think) the theory is that Wade better do very well next year - at least get to the big game or its Jason all the way.

My thoughts are that Jason was great early in the season, but he had a slump at the end of the year. The D played well enough to get wins, the O didnt.

Hopefully the RB situation is upgraded, as well as the O line - dont get me wrong, the O line was very good this year, but flozell didnt hold up his part of the bargin in the giants game. I would also like to see them add a good cover db, trade roy williams - although I doubt they will get much for him and draft a speed WR middle/late in the draft.

If the boys would have won this week I would have been perfect - this week I pick the pack and new england.

I want to pick san diego, but for them to win, thier defense must be perfect, and essentially knock brady out of the game early. Rivers and Tomlinson are not in great health.

The giants could win - in green bays only really cold weather game they got killed by the bears this year. The giants are a good cold weather team with thier running back tandem. I still pick the pack

8. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Yeah! I called it right again.
    Was everyone surprised by the Giants win? I know winning in Green Bay is tough, and "Ancient One" had a great year, but I think the giants are just a notch better.

9. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Didn't see much of the Patriots game, but saw the last half of the giants/packers. I didn't think it was as close as the score showed. The giants were the better team last night. Or maybe Favre is much like all the rest of us older guys and doesn't do well in cold weather. :laugh:

Looking forward to the SB.. not choosing yet. But if the Pats won yesterday with Brady having a poor game, the giants better hope that he has 2 poor games in a row.

10. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Congrats to the Giants - great win yesterday, now condolences to the Giants, they have to play NE who will be heatlhy and rested.

For the Giants to win, they will have to knock brady on his keister as often or more as they did Romo, and Eli will again have to be perfect. The Giants have a weak secondary, the front four are going to have to pressure brady hard and often or brady and his receivers will kill them.

NE does not have the dominant D that they had a few years ago. Eli and his rbs will have some opportunities. They will have to do better than san diego did in the red zone (mr obvious man here) if they are going to have any chance at all.

I think NE blows the giants out, to make my early prediction of an undefeated season reality :)

11. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Didn't the Giants play a good game against the Pats earlier this year? I think they have a chance. But I would rather see N.E. win, because Tom Brady is a MI product.

Lets see how the other Manning bro. stacks up to the best QB in the league. Should be a good Super Bowl.

12. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Indeed, the Giants did play a great game against New England in the last week of the regular season. They were leading by 12 in the middle of the 3rd quarter until the Patriots came back. I didn't think that either Coughlin, or Manning, would have what it takes to get to the Super Bowl and I don't mind being wrong about both of those. It's better than the Packers in the Super Bowl *cough gag*. Just saying that makes me gag.

I was looking for a post where I said that if the Giants made it to the Super Bowl, they can look back on the Patriots game as where it all came together. I couldn't find it, but I know I said it and now I'm just trying not to break my arm from patting myself on the back. :)

Of course, if I actually believed they would win, I would have picked them, but I didn't pick them to win a single playoff game. While it's nothing more than a bad pick on my part, it wouldn't feel right to start picking them now, so I'm not going to. I think the Patriots will win SB XLII and knock the smugness off Shula and Co.

13. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I also meant to say a couple of things about the AFC Championship Game.

How do the Chargers intercept Brady 3 times and not win the game?

Running a sweep to the left is the play that the Chargers burned a timeout for on the critical 3rd and 1 near the Patriots goal line? Really? That's the play? *shaking head in amazement*

14. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

A Radio talk show host in Dallas was talking about one part of the game that the reffs messed up and it cost SD about 20 or so seconds at the end of the fist half.

SD completed the pass, the runner is running, gets tackled and the ball comes loose. No scramble for the ball, reff ruled him down by contact. Sd goes to the line of scrimage (time is ticking off the clock), all of a sudden there is a booth review. Now remember, down by contact cannot be overturned. They come back - ruling on the field stands, clock starts back - then SD cant get thier act together - delay of game (I think) - regardless - more time runs off the clock - SD winds up running out of time to try for the end zone and kicks a field goal.

SD could have run 2-5 more plays in the time that it cost them - dont know if they would have scored, but that was a major reff gaff

15. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

Only to be replaced with the Patriots own brand of smugness and lack of class.

16. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

That's the bad thing about this Super Bowl. If the Pats win, see above. If the Giants win, then the '72 Dolphins will somehow become even more smug and insufferable than they already are.

17. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Personally , I think I would rather have the Pats smugness. I am tired of the 72 dolphins. Any team that won a superbowl before I was even born and is still celebrating needs to just go away :)