1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Please Explain

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Keith M, Jul 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keith M

Keith M New Member

In a now-closed thread, Tom Mann said:

Tom, will you please explain just what you meant by this statement? As it was posted, there is no explanation or clarification given, so that no one knows just where you're coming from. Was this obtuseness deliberate on your part, or was it just an oversight?

2. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

I saw the same thing and as curious to wht he was referring to..

3. Keith M

Keith M New Member

Could b more KJVO schlock, but on the other hand we should give him the benefit of the doubt...

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Let's be careful that we speak to the topic of this particular forum - which is Bible Versions and Translations.

I don't want us to develop of a mentality of "Bring it on" towards new posters.

A well noted indivdual recently apologised for that statement and I think we would do well to emulate his spirit.

5. Keith M

Keith M New Member

No "bring it on" idea was intended, Roger. Just asking for clarification on something that was very vague.

6. TomMann

TomMann New Member

Just up and getting ready for work..... will mull it over while while out on the route today and post late afternoon or early evening..... all with love....

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Thanks Keith, I didn't mean to imply that your intent was anything less than honourable. Just know what the tendancy is on this kind of issue.

8. Keith M

Keith M New Member

Not a problem, Roger!

9. Keith M

Keith M New Member

Take your time, Tom. I'll check in again tonight or tomorrow morning.

10. TomMann

TomMann New Member

Keith, partly I was putting bait in the water to see if anything was biting. And partly was out to see how much the water stirred or that I could stir the water. Perhaps it is best if we just let this one go for now.... I have been a member of the board for sometime. I read a lot, and occasionally post. Without a doubt I am a KJVP (Preferred). I have and will probably again use other versions (computer program) to see if they can add to my understanding of the KJV, just as I will use the various commentaries. I understand the zeal many feel for the KJV.

Aside from that let me say, I learn as much about a poster by paying attention to the tone and demeanor with which he/she uses in their posts as I do by reading what they post. But since this is not the tone and demeanor forum, I’ll leave it at that other than to say be sweet in your tone and demeanor…..

The doctrinal differences also have their own forums.

So having said that I will just say that I trust the spirit will lead us in all truth......

11. Keith M

Keith M New Member

Works for me, Tom. 'Nuff said!

Phillip and Roger, one of you can go ahead and close the thread if you want - I think Tom's answer is sufficient.

#11 Keith M, Jul 10, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2006
  12. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Thanks gents - that was easy enough!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.