1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

please help the dak has a trojan

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by massdak, Nov 6, 2003.

1. massdak

massdak Active Member
    Site Supporter

it is a back door IRC
    i used an avg anti virus that has said it was healed but it keeps coming back i called dell and they said that some torjans need extensive and expensive anti virus support. i need a good Christian support team that is smart to help me fix this problem. i have never had any problems before. i am thinking a liberal is out there trying to hurt the dak. any info would be appreciated

2. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Dr. Dak, You're going to need to know which trojan it is. I had 2 recently that came back door and Norton missed it until I ran my weekly virus scan.

Here's a GREAT place to get help. I linked you to the general page not knowing which system you have. Before I got my new computer these guys really helped me many times! Warning... it's not a Christian site but they treated me like a lady.

http://discussions.virtualdr.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=22

Diane

3. massdak

massdak Active Member
    Site Supporter

how do i find out what type of trojan horse do i have? the scan said it is a back door irc trojan

4. liafailrock

liafailrock Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Massdak:

You can try "housecall" free online virus scan--- they are up-to-date and even beat McAfee and Norton to the punch usually. I use them and I do not even have virus protection on my computer--- I faithfully scan before shutting down daily.

The other day I had that mail.c whatever worm and it cleaned it automatically. It tells what virus you have and what files it's in.

What operating system do you use? Also, it's good to back up your registry and critical files. In addition, you should know how to edit your registry in case some start-up instructions at boot-up executes the virus or trojan.

Here's the link:

http://housecall.antivirus.com/housecall/start_corp.asp

5. massdak

massdak Active Member
    Site Supporter

i am using windows xp
    thanks for the site. i do not know how to edit my registry and now that it maybe infected i have no back up

6. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Dak, do a search files and folders for:

%System%\Kitro

%Windir%\System32\mm

C:\Rpc.exe
    C:\Rpctest.exe
    C:\Tftpd.exe

I think... this is why you still have the trojan file....

7. massdak

massdak Active Member
    Site Supporter

</font>[/QUOTE]so far today i have scanned and it showed no trojan, so for now before i disaple system restore i will wait to see if it shows up again if so i will need to do as you say. thanks for all the help the files and folder search has me confused i tryed to look up those files with no luck

8. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

It's probably gone. A back door Trojan comes in through a down load like a picture or something downloaded off a web site. That's how it's missed by your anti-virus software.

To search for those files and folders you can click on Start, Search, For Files and Folders and then type in any of those I listed and search in your hard drive.

I had 2 back door Trojans and Norton found them during my weekly scan but it cleared them right up.

Did you read up on Virtual Doctor? I've learned everything I know from reading there and just trial and error!

Diane

9. Brett

Brett New Member

Wow Diane you really know your stuff. [​IMG]

10. GloryBound

GloryBound New Member

11. GloryBound

GloryBound New Member

12. GloryBound

GloryBound New Member

(Sorry for the empty posts, I am having trouble getting links to work! Will just paste them in here.) :(

Massdak, I pray you have already found a solution to your problem. Since you have not posted that it is fixed I decided to do a little research on Back Door IRC Trojan's .

This "type"(IRC/ICQ) of trojan's appear to enter in through ports on our computers. Those who run such programs like mIRC or ICQ are probably the most vulnerable to this kind of attack trojans. I pray you will find something in the sites below to help you rid yourself of this trojan.

In Christ,
    GloryBound

Massdak, there is a free Port Checker on the first site listed below. You can use it to check your ports for trojan activity. This site will also help you understand just what your dealing with. Understanding can sometimes start the ball rolling in how to deal with the problem.....GB

You can check your computer for trojans from the second site using a free program. (It will only check your computer. To rid it of trojans you must purchase a registered copy. I am " not " promoting this product for I know nothing more than what I read on the site! Just trying to help Massdak.)

May have the links switched but you will see what the site says about the trojan.

http://www.trojanclinic.com/trojans.html

http://www.safersite.com/Support/About/About_Ports_And_Trojans.asp

13. massdak

massdak Active Member
    Site Supporter

thank you for the sites so far i have not had any more problems, but you know how those liberal trojan horses are. i checked my ports and it showed to be free of liberal activity.
    some liberal has targeted massdak

14. Brett

Brett New Member

massdak, you remind me of that one boyfriend of Elayne's in Seinfeld who always talkes about himself in third person. [​IMG]

15. massdak

massdak Active Member
    Site Supporter

and bob dole would do that alot also.
    but you must know the dak is hated by many liberals and alot of liberal religionist would like to stop me from pointing out thier liberal error.

16. Elnora

Elnora New Member

massdak,

I fought an IRC Trojan for a couple of weeks.It will move itself and changes it's file names so you think you are rid of it when you may not be. Go here and post under Security. They will walk you through the process. They were great help.

http://forums.techguy.org/

17. massdak

massdak Active Member
    Site Supporter

thank you
    i looked as some of the options for cleaning the trojan. i have not had any more virus alerts from avg, but i have had two crashes and i may need to make sure the trojan is gone and format my computer. i may now have a damaged registry. darn those liberal trojans.

18. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

19. massdak

massdak Active Member
    Site Supporter

i wish that i was a geek
    i could rename myself dr geekdak
    think of it i would jam every liberal computer in america

20. Elnora

Elnora New Member

massdak,
    Wish I was a geek too. One of the geeks who helped me is 15! :eek: