1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Please, pray for a new house!

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Smelaman, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Smelaman

Smelaman New Member

Greeting dear brothers and sisters!

My name is Aleksey Korkhov, I live in Ukraine. I was born in Baku city, capital city of Azerbaijan and was living there until 2006.

When I was 13, I became an orphan, have lost my mother and grandmother in accident.

Then I 12 years was living with family of refugees from Nagorny karabakh.

It was hard for me to live in Azerbaijan since I was a child, because I could nod accept muslim culture and traditions and was persecuted for my nationality and religious convictions (I am Russian, protestant).

When I was 22 I decided to move to Ukraine. Because of God’s help I could achieve this goal.

Right now I am married, have got three kids and we’re waiting for a fourth baby to be born in about three months.

At present time because of coming baby and existing danger for health and life of my daughter I decided to move to another house.

I live in an old house. Considering this circumstance and extremely difficult financial situation of people in Ukraine, it would be very hard to sell our part of a house. Also it would be difficult to buy a house with more large area – may be in some village or in town but without communications (electricity, gas, water) or with some of them.

That is why I decided to ask for help in Internet – in order to get additional finances and have opportunity to buy a small house with all communications, not very far from bus-stop and school.

Today there are more than one million of refugees in Ukraine… I understand that these people have much more needs than I – many of them are living in rented houses, in bad conditions and don’t have even necessary things…

Nevertheless, I hope that I could get at least small financial support through this letter and could buy another place to live, where I could live more safety, have own yard and opportunity for a future enlargement of house.

I am not lazy body – I am trying to provide everything necessary for my family. I know on a different level 10 languages and perform translation of documents and texts though Internet. But I don’t have a diploma of translator and could not perform orders of huge companies or translation agencies from USA or Europe, and income from other orders which I get hardly allow me to cover expenses for public utilities and buying food.

I am not planning to look for financial support on a regular basis. I believe that person could ask for money from people whom he(she) knows or doesn’t know only for purpose to provide health and life, after he have tried all other means to solve these problems.

I don’t seek for luxury. We don’t have a car, smart-phones, I delay attending a dentist though tooth pain worries me. Also I have to treat chronic bronchitis which could progress into bronchial asthma. Beef, cheese and bananas are delicacies for our family. We buy clothes in “second-hand” shops and new shoes are bought only for our kids. I don’t complain to these troubles, now many people have difficulties and many have much more troubles then we do.

I know that God could provide help for me. I am Christian more than 20 years and have seen His hand in my life many times. There is also a verse in the Bible "If two of you would agree to ask about something, it shal be given to them". Of course, I don't mean asking for sinful things or things which I not really need, but just wish to have...

May God bless you abundantly!

Aleksey Krokhov