1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Please pray for me.

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Onlybygrace, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Onlybygrace

Onlybygrace New Member

My wife and I have decided to answer a call to a small rural community rife with aids and poverty to share the gospel, disciple and hopefully plant a Bible believing church. There are many obstacles and challenges and we have to sell up our stuff and close our business to be there by 1/1/11. Please pray for us.

2. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

God bless you. I will certainly lift you to the Lord and may He be glorified. :praying:

3. Old Union Brother

Old Union Brother New Member

Blessing on you and your family... My prayers will be with you

4. rbell

rbell Active Member

want prayers, eh? Count on it. God bless you in your work.

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Will pray. Have you put together a prayer letter with all the details and info? We will pray but would also like more information.

We have some of our colleagues from teaching in a Baptist college who are serving God in SA and pray for the region. I have family buried there (up in the Transvaal)

6. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I will absolutely pray for you brother. Thank you for answering God's call on your life!

7. Onlybygrace

Onlybygrace New Member

Friends thank you for your encouragement and commitment to pray for us. We appreciate it from the bottom of our hearts. I am putting together some information and photos that i will post on monday. At the moment we are trying to sell some of furniture and most of my musical instruments in order repair my car and furnirh a deposit for a house that side. Dr. Bob it is indeed a small world :)

8. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I have friends who are SBC coordinators in Senagal---if you ever are in a bind---I can put you through to them

Praying for you

Bro. David

9. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Praying for you here!

10. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Praying for you!

11. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I feel led to pray for the physical health of your family and will do so.

Even though I think you're kinda crazy in an admirable way. I have a tough time giving up my blanket in the morning, can't imagine the willpower and spiritual connection you must have to be able to do this great thing.

12. Onlybygrace

Onlybygrace New Member

A testimony to God's awesomeness!

Guys thank you so much for your support and prayers. I am so conscious of the fact that God is leading us and He is faithful to supply all our needs.

I just want to testify to the goodness of God! We were desperate to secure accommodation before the 30th of November so that I could hand in notice where I am living at the moment and tie up my business etc. The area we are moving to has a shortage of housing so it is extremely difficult to find accommodation. Another spin off from this is that the rentals are extremely high. No matte what we did it seemed that every effort to find suitable housing for our family of 6 was fruitless. We were becoming anxious and decided that if we could not find accomodation by the 30th we would have to postpone our trip.

On Tuesday morning the 30th of November we received a phone call informing us that not one but 2 houses were available at virtually half the price of the normal rental. One was an older 4 bedroom house plus a granny flat and the other was a brand new 3 bedroom but a lot smaller.

We obviously opted for the 4 bedroom house and were told that it was ours. We so excited that I sent an email to my landlord announcing our notice to vacate in a month and told our church and friends. Friday morning we received another phone call telling us the 4 bedroom house had been sold under our noses by an unscrupulous agent. We were devastated but decided to take a step of faith and go any way. We contacted the owner of the 3 bedroom house and asked if we could meet with him. Even though the house was a lot smaller, not in a safe area and a host of other problems we agreed before God that we would go because we wanted to be obedient to Him. We were about to sign the lease agreement when the phone rang, while we were still in the meeting. The lady on the other side asked where we were. I told her we were in a meeting with the owner of the second house, about to sign :jesus::thumbs:a lease for it. She said that we should not because she had found us another house, a 5 bedroom, 2 bathroom, large, rambling farm house a short distance from where I will be working,with a garage and a even natural spring on the premises so that we wouldn't have to pay for water at half the cost of houses in the area and this time it was secure! Isn't God amazing and awesome! It is the Lord's doing and it is marvelous in our eyes!

13. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    May God bless you and your work greatly.

14. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

You are in my prayers.

15. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

Praise the Lord!!
    God is good!!
    Yes, God is good all of the time!
    Thank You, Lord for supply all of their needs!:godisgood: