1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Please pray for my Daughter & Grandaughter

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Friend of God, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Friend of God

Friend of God Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please pray for my Daughter & Grandaughter & the Family.

Our Daughter goes in today for her 2-year cancer checkup. She has been cancer free for over a year. She'll get her results later this month.

My 14 year-old Grandaughter was s**ually assaulted by her Mother's boyfriend. My ex-daughter-in-law is in complete denial over the whole episode. We are dealing with the police and Child Protective Services and it is almost like we're being treated as something other then the victim here. My Grandaughter and our family (individually) have a CPS investigator interview tomorrow.

If you would please pray for our Daughter, Grandaughter, and the family it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Rob

2. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

Yes, we will be praying for these two precious ladies who are your daughter and granddaughter! Praying that your daughter is found cancer-free! Praying for a complete healing for your granddaughter and speak to her mother about how devastating this has been on her daughter and that she will seek justice for her daughter.

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Oh no!! FoG - I will be praying!!

4. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Rob, I'm so sorry. I'll be in prayer for you guys.

I have to add - please, if you can, get a lawyer for yourself and your grand-daughter. You're all in very vulnerable positions right now and CPS can be rough, so please be prepared with outside representation if there's any way and thoroughly video and record interactions with them in the meantime in your own home, and check out the laws in your state for doing so in other places you may interact.

5. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for your prayers everybody, they are REALLY appreciated.

The interview with CPS went fine. They basically wanted to know if any of us had Criminal backgrounds or any prior CPS involvement.

There was one testy exchange between myself and the investigator though. She said something about neglect because I waited 90 minutes from the time we learned of the assault until I called the Police. I told her that in that 90 minutes I had gone to the house where the assault occurred and got the remaining Grandchildren out of the house and had brought them home with me. (The boyfriend could have returned to the house at any time and I wanted the other kids out of there.) I also told her that if were was any more talk of neglect that the interviews were over and would resume in the presence of my Attorney.

CPS did however put the fear of God into my ex-DIL. She called me in tears because she was afraid of the boyfriend now and had no place to go. I had her come to our house and started looking for a place for her to stay. Found her a small two-bedroom apartment and paid the 1st month/last month deposit so she could move in. Got some friends of mine and we moved her out and into her new place in 1 day.

So now we just wait for the investigation to progress.

6. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry about the double-post, but wanted to add that I don't go thru life with a hardnose attitude and that I prayed for forgiveness after my exchange with the CPS investigator.

I did tell CPS that we would all co-operate with them as much as we could and in any way that we could. We realized that they (CPS) have a job to do and we wouldn't ,in any way, try to get in their way.

Got to take my bedroom AC unit over to ex-DIL. Hers isn't working. Grandkids can be with her during the day but have to stay with us over night according to CPS.

7. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

The family and the situation remain in my prayers.

8. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Wow- tough situation, but I am thankful for you protecting your grandchildren. Keep us posted.

9. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) PRAISE! - My Daughter's Cancer test came back and she is cancer-free. She'll have another XRay in 6 months, and another MRI in 1-year.

2) My Grandaughter's case has been turned over to the Sheriff's office, and their Investigator will be talking to my daughter probably the first part of August.

3) Please pray for my Wife Brenda. She was admitted to the hospital last night with a serious infection.

Thank you for your continued prayers and kind thoughts.

Rob

10. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

We rejoice with you that your daughter has been informed that she is cancer-free! PTL!!
    2). praying for your granddaughter and her mother.
    3). Praying for your wife's serious infection!

11. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    PRAISE THE LORD!! I was able to bring my Wife Brenda home from the hospital today. She is still very weak, and tires easily.

Thank you for your Prayers.

Rob

12. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

We rejoice with you,too!
    Lord, restore Brenda's strength!
    We praise You, LORD that Brenda was able to come home from the hospital!!!
    AMEN