1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Please pray for these families.

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by annsni, Dec 16, 2008.

1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

We have private sanitation (garbage pick up) that is contracted by our small village. We've had the same garbage men for years. Joe and Hector have been so great and they've been so kind to us. When I've run out after hearing the truck coming, they'll come up the driveway and help me bring all the trash down. A couple of months ago I tossed out a HUGE centerpiece from a wedding reception and when I came out with it, they laughed "Oh you shouldn't have!!"

Well, last week, Joe (the driver) backed the truck up just 2 blocks from us. Somehow, he ran over Hector and he was killed. They were not only co-workers but good friends and now one is gone.

Hector leaves behind a wife and 5 kids from ages 11 down to 2 weeks old.

Needless to say, Joe is devastated.

Please pray for Hector's family and for Joe and his wife. I can't imagine the pain they all must be going through. Fortunately, we're a small village and everyone is stepping up to help as they can. The sanitation company set up a memorial fund and the village is collecting gifts for the kids.

But I'm just so sad to think of this. These poor families.

2. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

OH Ann, Poor Joe! That will be such a burden to live with. I'm praying now.

3. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Most certainly in my prayers! How devastating!

4. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

Oh my! Lord, we will be praying for both of these families in their griefs.
    May the Lord use you and your familyas a witness forthe Lord as you
    try to comfort these precious people who have breaking hearts in their sorrow.