1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Please pray for this person.

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Alive in Christ, Dec 24, 2008.

1. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

She is someone who was a co-worker of mine. She quit her job a few months ago to go to nursing school. Her name is Melissa.

She is as sweet and nice a person as you would ever meet. Spiritually, she is a Catholic, which to me always leaves a "question mark" regarding whether she is actually saved or not.

But saved or not, she IS a wonderful person. Dont know exactly how old Melissa is, but I would say maybe late 30's or so. Married with a couple of kids, I think.

Heres the deal. Her husband felt the need to go to the doctor because of some pain or discomfort about 2 months ago

The examination results and tests came back.

They were told he has advanced stage cancer. And he was given about 3 months to live. They said that if he took full cancer treaments, he would STILL have about 3 months to live.

Tonight I asked someone in the department where she used to work if they had gotten any updates, as Melissa had been calling from time to time.

She told me the latest is that the husband is not doing well at all, and the end could be very near.

Then I asked "How is Melissa doing"?

She said the last time she called with an update she said she probably would not be calling anymore because its too painful for her.

PLEASE pray for Melissa. And * if * Melissa is not saved, pray that this event will serve to draw her to Christ, where the best healing is available for a crushed and shattered heart.

And to think of all this happening at this time of year...:tear: Makes it very very heartbreaking.

Thanks

:godisgood:

#1 Alive in Christ, Dec 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2008
  2. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

In my prayers.

3. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

We are praying for Melissa.
    Lord, we pray that she will know You as her personal Savior.
    If she is a believer we want to pray that You will comfort her
    at this very time of need of your love and comfort.