1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Please Pray

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by TurboMike, Nov 6, 2003.

1. TurboMike

TurboMike New Member

Remember Josh Mullins. He's a five year old with a brain tumor. He's at UT. The doctors at Holston Valley were way off on their diagnois. He's alot worse than first thought. The tumor is probably cancer and is bigger and in a different location. The outlook is very, very grim. The doctors said he would loose some motor skills, have to take chemo and have a hard road before him at a minimum. There is a big chance that he won't make it. His surgery is scheduled for today. The doctors said it would take 6-16 hours to complete. Once they open him up, they will do a biopsy. If it's for sure cancer they will close him back up and try radiator first. The reason is that the tumor is very "vain-ous" meaning full of blood and there is a high possibility of him bleeding to death on the operating table. This has really devestated not only our church family, but our family as well. My wife and I were talking this morning about how what is happening could happen to any of us. It could have been one of our girls. Last night I gathered the kids at AWANA and their parents together and we did all we could do to help the situation. We prayed. Pastor Randy is in knoxville with Sindy, Josh's mother right now. As a Children Pastor it is tough on me because alot of the kids look to me for answers and if Josh don't pull through I will have alot of "Why did God let Josh die even though we prayed for God to help him" questions. It's just a tough time for everyone. Please pray

2. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Brother Mike, That is a tough one. We have a large number of kids in our local area dying from brain tumors. I know one family that has 4 members with brain tumors. 2 are cancerous and 2 are not. The teen girl has two aggressively growing cancerous tumors.

When I'm asked why things like this happens I always give the same answer.

"I don't know. BUT in Psalms 56:8 the Bible tells me that God keeps all my tears in a bottle... MY bottle and He writes them down in a book.... MY book. One day I'll sit on a bench in heaven with Jesus and I'll ask Him why this had to happen and Jesus will open that book and take out my bottle of tears. I think He'll say, remember this tear Diane? Well you had to cry that tear so something wonderful could happen.... That's when we'll understand the things we go through here on this earth. That's when we'll know why."

We usually cry together then Mike but It's a wonderful feeling to know that EVERY tear I've ever cried is in a bottle in heaven and God cares enough to write them down for me.

I hope this helps! I'll be praying during the day for this precious little child of the King and that God is glorified no matter what the outcome!

Diane Tavegia

3. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Mike, I've been praying and was hoping you'd have some news for us today. Please let us know.

Diane