1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Please put the chicken to sleep before...

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by TheOliveBranch, Jan 7, 2003.

1. TheOliveBranch

TheOliveBranch New Member

you cut it's head off?

KFC Boycott

Seriously. PETA wants to boycott KFC. Internationally. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Acts 1:8

Acts 1:8 New Member

Power to the chickens!

3. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm a member of PETA (People for the Eating of Tasty Animals) [​IMG]

When I was editor of a food magazine a few years ago, PETA would routinely send us literature and stickers (one of the more creative stickers was a "Murder King" sticker that look suspiciously like they violated "Burger King's" trademark).

[ January 07, 2003, 09:30 PM: Message edited by: Baptist Believer ]

4. JamesJ

JamesJ New Member

I really don't know who can PETA seriously anymore:

Homosexuals' Leather Pride Condemned By PETA
    By Michael L. Betsch
    CNSNews.com Staff Writer
    January 06, 2003

[snip]

Leather Pride Collides With Animal Rights

"We're all for pride in every community, but any community would have even more to be proud of if they rejected a relic of the past when we were less aware of the issues of animal suffering and adopted cruelty-free alternatives," said Lisa Franzetta, spokeswoman for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA). "Moving away from products like leather that animals have had to suffer so miserably for would be a true source of pride."

Though Franzetta said PETA currently has no plans for a formal protest against organizers and participants of the Mid-Atlantic Leather Weekend, she said there was "no excuse" for the leather lifestyle.

"Wearing animal skins won't make you look sexy," Franzetta said. "Our position is that whatever your fetish, animal suffering is a turn-off."

Franzetta said there is an abundance of fashionable alternatives to leather, including a wide variety of vegan bondage devices.

"There are manufacturers who definitely are kind of committed to providing vegan bondage gear who are interested in having that kind of thing but don't want to support animal suffering," Franzetta said. "If that's what you're looking for, there's no excuse for wearing any animal skins."

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

5. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm with PETA on this because they realize chickens want to spend more time with their families. It's the truth. Your can hardly keep them on the job before they start making excuses. "I want to go see my chick at the soccer game," or "My hen's recital is tonight."

Still, there are some times I would want to be a vegetarian ...

6. stubbornkelly

stubbornkelly New Member

They do go a little far with some of their campaigns. I'm all for ethical treatment of non-human animals, but I don't go nearly as far as PETA does, and many of their tactics are either so radical as to be unproductive or just plain offensive. Their "no fur trim" campaign of a few years ago was one of the latter.

Although, James, I don't know that I understand your post. Or is the wearing of animal skins just not the right reason to oppose the Leather Pride stuff?

7. TheOliveBranch

JamesJ,

I guess we can praise God that PETA wasn't around when He clothed Adam and Eve :D

8. JamesJ

JamesJ New Member

AMEN, OliveBranch!!

I just posted that to show how far down the path of irony these things can be taken.

Don't use leather, because obtaining leather inflicts pain and suffering on animals. Use politically correct "vegan" materials in your implements when you inflict pain and suffering on another human.

These folks are rather silly.

[ January 08, 2003, 08:46 AM: Message edited by: JamesJ ]

9. stubbornkelly

stubbornkelly New Member

Gotcha, gotcha. [​IMG]

10. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Okay, when my mom was a little one, her family would routinely behead a chicken for dinner later that day. My understanding was that beheading a chicken WAS a humaine method. It's gotta be more humaine that trying to electrocute the little birds.

11. TheOliveBranch

I would think to gas them would cause some of the poisons to enter the blood of the bird. But them, the people from PETA could care less because they're not eating the bird. Cutting the head off is the most inhumaine way.

12. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My dad would really be in trouble.

He rung their necks. Sometimes when it broke, their head would pop of and they would start running around the yard.

13. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

I wonder where PETA stand on partial birth abortion or any type of abortion for that matter. Does anyone know? My guess is birds of a feather ( no pun intended [​IMG] ) flock together.

14. Johnv

Johnv New Member

In all seriousness, I don't think they have an official position on the subject.

15. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

PETA does not even want us to drink milk! Tell me, just how is milking a cow inhumane treatment? The poor cow would be in much more pain not getting milked!!! While they were thowing paint on people wearing fur coats; just a few blocks away, babies were being aborted. I have a real problem with activist groups that care more about animal lives than human lives.

Boycott KFC???? Nooooooo...I couldn't stand it!!

My kids used to joke about me having a KFC attack about once a week. If PETA has their way, I will have a REAL attack! [​IMG]

16. Hardsheller

Hardsheller Active Member
    Site Supporter

Hope they never jump up between me and the big Buck during Deer season!

17. JamesJ

JamesJ New Member

18. I Am Blessed 24

GOOD ONE!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[ January 09, 2003, 12:59 PM: Message edited by: I Am Blessed 16 ]

19. I Am Blessed 24

Hi James: [​IMG]
    You find out and let me know...lol. Even so, it still wouldn't be KFC!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. JamesJ

JamesJ New Member

Hi IAmBlessed16,

I see from my post that the intention is not all that clear. The question is a link to a commentary document. Did you read it? If not, my fault! Sorry!