1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Please sign this Freedom of Choice petition

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by TheBibleSender, Jan 11, 2009.

1. TheBibleSender

TheBibleSender New Member

Please sign this Freedom of Choice petition
    Sign the Fight FOCA Petition
    Over 300,000
    350,000 signatures!!!
    Barack Obama is now the incoming President.
    And he made a promise to Planned Parenthood last year they expect him to keep.
    The first thing I’d do as President is sign the Freedom of Choice Act. That’s the first thing I’d do.

The Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA) would eliminate every restriction on abortion nationwide.
    FOCA will do away with state laws on parental involvement, on partial birth abortion, and on all other protections.
    FOCA will compel taxpayer funding of abortions.
    FOCA will force faith-based hospitals and healthcare facilities to perform abortions.
    Go to the link to sign the petition http://www.fightfoca.com/

2. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Petition Signed and posted to bring this topic to the top..... and hopefully to the attention of others who are interested in supporting this action. STOP FOCA !!!!!

3. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not going to sign the petition since they are just putting names on a mailing list. I get enough mail as is from ministries wanting money (etc). More importantly, I have had my id stolen once in the past so I don't like filling out those type forms and having my information floating around who knows where. However I will contact my congressmen (etc) and make my thoughts on the matter known.

4. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

I understand your concerns and usually I share/do the same, but I felt I must take the risk to try and make a difference in this regard: I have gotten one email reply from them and no more unusual spam than what I was already receiving.... most of which already goes to my spam folder for deletion in my hotmail account (which is known and notorious for getting spammed anyway):

5. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Same here. I never sign online petitions.