1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"PLUGS" is Proud

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Earth Wind and Fire, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Surprise, surprise, I just received an e-mail from my "Friend" Joe "PLUGS" Biden. In it, he graciously informs me of all the things he & BO did for the country. OK so I read it, Perhaps he has something important to say (I will let you decide) or perhaps he knew I'm from Scranton & so since he also hails from Scranton, I'd be more interested in what he has to say ......well anyway, here is the list of accomplishments for your edification.....was it worth it?

There's a whole lot to be proud of.

Of course, the big ones come to mind first: historic health insurance reform, which is reining in the insurance companies and helping control the cost of care for millions of Americans; Wall Street reform, which put in place the toughest consumer protections ever; and the end of combat operations in Iraq, which brought more than 100,000 troops home.

And there is so much more you've helped achieve that is right now improving lives across the country:

-- We passed the Recovery Act, which saved and created more than 3 million jobs, provided the largest middle-class tax cut in a generation, and made landmark investments in clean energy, infrastructure, and education.

-- We made critical investments in General Motors and Chrysler, saving tens of thousands of jobs -- and perhaps the companies -- and spurring a rebirth of the American car industry.

-- We wrote into law student loan reform and credit card reform, which ended the worst abuses of the banking industries and are making lending fair for American families.

-- We put two new Supreme Court justices on the bench -- Sonia Sotomayor and Elena Kagan, who bring rich and diverse experience to the Court.

-- We have begun to reset America's relationship with the international community, from the ratification of a new START nuclear arms treaty with Russia to tough new sanctions on Iran to strengthening our long-term partnership with a unified Iraq.

-- And we finally repealed "Don't Ask, Don't Tell," which was the right thing to do -- not only because it makes our military stronger at a time when it needs to be the strongest, but because we are seeking that military might with an abiding sense of justice.

Telling the story of the past two years will be critical to the fights ahead. And it's not just the story of this president or this White House -- it's your story

#1 Earth Wind and Fire, Jan 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2011
  2. Thousand Hills

Thousand Hills Active Member

Any chance you got on his email list because you might have rode on the same train with him, or shopped at the same Home Depot?

BTW - Noticed you changed your pic again, not sure who that guy is, the only one I noticed before was Telly Savalas (sp?) Maybe with your new email you can change it to "PLUGS". Google Joe Biden at Home Depot there are a few good pics you can choose from.

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ahhhh no thanks .....I will stick to people I respect.

Now can you say "Triangulation" thats the word of the Dem's today IE Baffle them with BS ( could be boy scouts-LOL):tongue3:

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Besides, I disagree with every item on his list save one. 2 more years to go for BO!

5. Thousand Hills

Thousand Hills Active Member

Curious as to which one you agree with.

6. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's Dr. Martyn-Lloyd Jones, I think. His biography is a worth the read.

peace to you:praying:

7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dr. Martyn-Lloyd Jones