1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Podhoretz: Believes Bush is Going to Hit Iran

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Sep 24, 2007.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Podhoretz walked out of the meeting neither deterred nor assured the president would attack the Persian state.

Yet prior to Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s visit to New York for the United Nations’ General Assembly, Podhoretz said he believes that “Bush is going to hit” Iran before the end of his presidency."

- http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=29C98F49-3048-5C12-002B4A3C5B7896F8

2. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

I can't imagine the American people having the stomach for another war.

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    “I did say to [the president], that people ask: Why are you spending all this time negotiating sanctions? Time is passing. I said, my friend [Robert] Kagan wrote a column which he said you were giving ‘futility its chance.’ And both he and Karl Rove burst out laughing.

“It struck me,” Podhoretz added, “that if they really believed that there was a chance for these negotiations and sanctions to work, they would not have laughed. They would have got their backs up and said, ‘No, no, it’s not futile, there’s a very good chance.’ ”

SNIP

His assumption is based on intellectual instinct. "

Anyone that doesn't believe negotiating with Iran is futile hasn't been paying attention for the last 25 years.

They haven't made any diplomatic agreement with anyone that they haven't broken.

As long as Iran is an Islamic state, it will remain that way. They are ruled by religious fanatics who believe lying and cheating to get their way is OK.

There is no such word as "honor" in their vocabulary.

4. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

Maybe Iran thinks that if they just keep hating us long enough they'll get free infrastructure like Iraq did.