1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pogo Stick at 55?

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by billreber, Jun 22, 2008.

1. billreber

billreber New Member

Please lift me up, as last night I did something VERRRY stupid. We were at the pastor's house for the main course in a progressive dinner, getting ready to go to the church for dessert. Some of the kids were jumping on a pogo stick, and I asked if I could try it. One bounce, and I was on my back in the street, having hit my head HARD on the concrete. Lot's of blood.:BangHead:

One of our members is a paramedic, and the pastor's neighbor is an RN. They checked me out while the pastor called 911. The fire truck got there first (as usual), and the firemen checked me out more and cancelled the ambulance. My wife took me to the ER, where they sewed up my head (so the few brains I still have don't leak out?). 21 stitches on 2 cuts.

The staff at the ER thought my injury story was the best one of the night! I am still VERRY embarassed.:applause:

Head still hurts (as expected), but I am doing okay. Won't be teaching the first and second graders this morning in Sunday School, though.

Thanks for your prayers for this "too old" kid!:saint:

Bill :godisgood:

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just be a bit more careful the next time you are on the pogo stisck:thumbs: :wavey:

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Yikes! We don't "bounce" like we used to, do we?

I'm sorry and I pray that you heal really quickly.

4. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I am sorry, but this is sadly funny. BUT! I am praying for you.

5. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I just prayed for your healing and for you to not only stay off the pogo sticks, but also unicycles and trampolines. :)

6. billreber

billreber New Member

Just an update -- I am NOT going to work today, because I am having some minor vertigo. Will check with my doctor later (it's 6 AM here now).

I found out yesterday that even the 9-1-1 operator couldn't help but laugh about this!

Thanks for all of your rpayers!

Bill :eek: :godisgood:

7. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Bill, better stick to Hula Hoops. Less dangerous.

Oh...and PLEASE stay off the stilts!!!

8. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

We are hoping no news is good news!

Glad to hear that you have a good sense of humor and shared it with the 9-1-1 operator!We all can use a laugh and I bet the operator needed a laugh too.