1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Police Chief: Within A Generation, Guns Will Be Taken Off The Streets

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Jan 28, 2013.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

San Diego Police Chief, William Lansdowne said in an interview that the implementation of new gun laws will take guns off the streets of America within a generation.

According to San Diego 6, Lansdowne said that it may take a generation but guns will eventually be taken off the streets through new laws like Senator Dianne Feinstein's proposed assault weapons ban:

CONTINUE . . .

Traitor.

2. JimmyH

JimmyH New Member

He wishes. I don't think it will happen. The 2nd amendment has been assured by recent supreme court decisions and regardless of what left leaning politicians want I believe it will stand.

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not going to happen

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If Feinstein's gun ban bill were to pass, the government will have confiscated all so called "assault weapons" in a generation.

Can't happen here? It's in the mill. They're trying.

5. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Google up search engines that show it "Happening" in 20th century Europe----then when the nazi's invaded Poland----the 1st thing Polish Resistance had to do was-----go out and steal some guns so they could have something to fight back all of the German MG42's being shot at them------what happened there in prewar Europe---still goes on today----those fellas over across the Big Pond don't have any weapons to fight off any sort of foreign invader nor domestic invader----the air heads in washington want that to happen here---in the name of safety for concerned citizens

#5 blackbird, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2013
  6. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Americans, even some liberal American, will never let it happen. It is like the liberals who are calling to get rid of the constitution. Those are two things that will always remain. They are also two things that people will die defending.

7. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I wished you were right, Rev-----but take a step or two back and view the average american citizen and his/her state of mind----folks will "SAY" they will defend the constitution---even DIE defending the constitution

But------you let a bullet break the sound barrier over the heads of the average citizen who "says" they'll die-----you let a lone M1A1 battle tank lock in target nearby their house----and give those around an option to give up peacefully or the gunner will open fire-----you put the average citizen THAT CLOSE to that sort of death---and they'll BALK!!!!!----they'll shake like a leaf in a tornado!!!

See how many "brave" citizens will start looking for a white sheet to hang on the end of a broom handle and start waveing it in suggesting surrender

8. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I disagree. There are many who will dies for those ideas and them that might be tempted to back down will find strength in the others. It is the reason Clinton warned the left not to under estimate these issues.

9. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Google up on your search engine------refugee lines escaping rural cities where the fighting was into the rural country through Poland, France, Netherlands, Belgium-------lots and lots of folks in those lines walking----I believe when push comes to shove---the lines here will be like those lines were there!!

10. North Carolina Tentmaker

Not sure exactly where you live in Alabama Blackbird, but your average citizen there and our average citizen here in the mountains must be miles apart.

Not saying I would want to go head to head with an M1, I've driven and fired them before and they are impressive. But I know how to fall back, rearm, regroup and then get em again.

11. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Anyone who defends themselves from government thugs or fights back will be branded a "terrorist", as it stands today "right wingers" are already considered to be a terrorist threat by this government just for disagreeing with it's unconstitutional tyrannical policies.

I believe you are right.

12. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

Our children who are educated in government schools will help lead the way to take away guns. Keep in mind they are taught to be tolerant about new things because so much of the old was wrong, so we need change. It will be how they were educated. John Dewey was correct in my book when he said who ever controls the education will end up in control of the nation. Look at where we are today.

13. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I agree 100%. Look who's in charge of "teaching" our children. UNESCO.

Thanks to George W. Bush. Reagan got us out of it Bush got us back into it and most folks here thought Bush was anti UN.

#13 poncho, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2013