1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Police Fatally Shoot Man During Traffic Stop, Aftermath Video Posted July 6, 2016 11:22 PM

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Zaac, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You think the officers went to Google before they murdered him?:rolleyes:

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Already done that. Saw a list of traffic violations, like no proof of insurance, seat belt violation, driving without a license, etc. many of them concurrent with the same pull over. I'm interested in your alleged "criminal record" including arrests. Let's see your links.

3. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pathetic attempt at deflection.

4. Smyth

Smyth Active Member

You don't think the thug's real background is irrelevant as an indicator of how he might have conducted himself. But, you think the white officer's background that you made up is relevant?

It's only the officer who is being judged by the public and only the officer who may be tried.

5. Smyth

Smyth Active Member

You're yelling racism, without evidence. You have no evidence of racism in this case. You have no evidence of racism in the big picture (blacks being treated differently by police). If you're going to name call, look into a mirror.

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Was he being detained because of his past rap sheet? I didn't say anything about the white officers background.

Because another man was MURDERED. Had he not been murdered, then he too could have stood trial and had due process carried out. HE doesn't get that chance. So don't expect any lullabies to be sung for what the officers now have to endure.

7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I'm yelling the same type of racial prejudice/racism from the cops that you've displayed with your statements that continue to undervalue and marginalize the life of another just because you think he's a racist thug.

And I keep wondering how does a CHRISTIAN, whose rap sheet of sin stretches far and wide, yet has had GOD see past the past and to the value of his life, get to the point of undervaluing and marginalizing the life of another human being because of his past life of sin?

#27 Zaac, Jul 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
  8. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have not mentioned race in this thread. Not once. I think someone named Smyth is prejudiced.

Still waiting for those links to Philanto Castile's arrest records.

9. Smyth

Smyth Active Member

You assume the white officer is racist, meaning you assume he has a racist background. Oh the joys of Liberalism, making up lies all day long and treating those lies as unassailable fact.

It's not murder. It's either justifiable self-defense (the thug was reaching for a gun) or a simple mistake (the officer wrongly thought the thug was reaching for a gun).

#29 Smyth, Jul 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
  10. Smyth

Smyth Active Member

1) If you think the thug was murdered, then you necessarily think the officer had motivation to murder. If it's not racism, what do you think that motivation?

2) You're holding a noose, while running with a lunch mob that's yelling racism, and you're saying you haven't mentioned race.

11. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Nope. I assume that the white officer exhibited the very same kind of racial prejudice/racism (pick one or both) that allowed him to undervalue and marginalize the worth of that black man's life as YOU did. And thus the murder.

That has nothing to do with liberalism so you can save that herring for the fishermen.

Your beliefs align with the beliefs of the cops who murdered that man and that's why you think what's being said is a lie.

But those cops OBVIOUSLY looked at that man's life with the same lack of worth and value that YOU did and chose to use their power as policemen to do what they did. THAT is racism.

12. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You can dress that pig up and put a bow and some lipstick on it. It's still a pig.
    [​IMG]

13. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I said it was "potentially" murder. I wouldn't even try to guess the motivation.

Ladies and gentlemen--the inside of Smyth's mind!

Got those links to Castile's criminal arrest records yet?

14. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just as I thought. If you had the information I requested you would have given us the link or links to that information.

I agree he is innocent until proven guilty. I have not made a judgement on his guilt or innocence. We do not have enough information to do so. Skin color of the officer has nothing to do with this tragedy.

Prove you slander. If the victim were white and the officer black what would you response be?

15. Smyth

Smyth Active Member

The officer acted in self-defense or made a mistake. It's not murder, not even if the officer were black and victim, as more frequently killed by police, white.

It's true racial prejudice to believe the office shot the thug out of racism.

16. Smyth

Smyth Active Member

Why do you think it was potentially murder?

17. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We do not know if it really was self-defense or not. Mute point as we just do not have facts of what happened before the shooting.

I have not mentioned if I feel the officer is guilty of murder or not. I do not know and neither do you.

You still have not given us links to support your slander of the poor man who was shot and killed. You condemn him unsupported with slanderous comments.

18. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just looked at a Rush transcript. He was talking with Heather MacDonald. She's the author of :The War On Cops: How The New Attack On Law And Order Makes Everyone Less Safe.

Among the things she cited:
    In the last decade black males made up 40% of all cop killers --though they are only 6% of the population.

The percentage of whites and Hispanics killed by police officers constitute 12% --whereas 4% of homicide victims are black.

A police officer is 18.5 times more likely to be shot by a black male than an unarmed black male shot by a cop.

19. Smyth

Smyth Active Member

The Racist Bigotry of the Left is to the core. Police aren't targeting blacks, and everything the Left wants only causes more people,including blacks, to be killed.

Black cops tend to be less qualified (because they're hired through racial preference programs), and therefore are behind more killings, as the statistic you posted shows. Hiring more black cops means more people killed by police.

This black man was shot because the officer acted in self-defense. Either the self-defense was justified or it was a simple mistake (saying it was a mistake is not flippant). The officer isn't racist and the officer didn't commit murder.

Predominantly black cities ran by Liberals are all toilets. If Liberals aren't racists oppressing blacks, how come their cities are toilets? How come there's more crime and death in their cities? BLM is more about causing a race war than any desire to save black lives.

20. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

What is the name of the officer who shot him? Jeronimo Yanez.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk