1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Police overtime

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by Salty, Feb 10, 2007.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is a letter to the editor of the Syracuse Post-Standard 6 Feb 07

"As I drove to work, I was sidewiped on I-81. This was witnessed by an off-duty police officer. He got the plate number and called 9-1-1. A sheriff responded, but did not look for the hit and run driver as it was the end of their shift. :tonofbricks:

The next day, I was infomed the driver would not be charged, since it was not witnessed by an on-duty officer and that the driver had reported the accident himsself. The deputy told me that I should just be happy that insurance would pay for my vehicle repairs.

I decided to email the DA office. :praying: I reviced a phone call from the DA himself. He assigned Investigator Henry Brown. The Sherriff Department was forced to further investigate the incident, and the driver appropriately charged with reckless driving and leaving the scene of an accident.

It is inexcusable that the Onondaga County Sheriffs Department had to be made to do thier jobs. I am grateful to Glenn Winternew, Henry Brown and Mr. fitzpatrick for seeing that justice was served.:thumbs:

Paula Duarte
    Lafayette

Note; letter was edited for space; bolds put in by Salty

THOUGHTS:

Salty

2. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I guess if there were a cameraman and crew at the time, there would have been a better response ?
    Ah, well, so much for all that hype by John Burnell about cops always ready to do their jobs anytime.

3. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

You should have had your accident in front of a donut shop. Then you would have had many on duty officers as witnesses.

4. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Queue music:

"Bad boys, bad boys,
    Whatcha gonna do,
    Whatcha gonna do,
    When the cops off duty."

Cops is filmed with the men & women of law enforcement, who are off duty and cannot be a witness when a crime is committed.

5. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

There are good and bad employees in any job. Every department has lazy people who are working hard at geting out of more work.

The vast majority of Officers in this country are hard working and willing to help. The vast majority of Officers in this country are willing to stop and help a citizen on his/her personal time.

But the few that are lazy make all look bad, hence the comment about the donut shop.

6. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Expectations are higher for law enforcement, so it's a bigger shock and disappointment to run into a brickwall, so to speak, with them than with any ordinary bureaucrat.

Sometimes you really have to fight for justice (something they don't teach in the best of all possible systems in the best of all possible countries school of thought).