1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

police protection

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by billwald, Nov 22, 2004.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I wouldn't know how to rephrase it Scott. Bout all I can do is post this website.

Gospel Plow Index

2. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Hey, wait a minute: I thought Daisy and I were the only leftists! [At least that is what I was told in another thread!]

3. ScottEmerson

ScottEmerson Active Member

You're serious? Of course, I did find this quote: "hedonistically pursuing self gratification at the expense of his posterity." Sounds a lot like the majority of gun owners that I know. [​IMG]

4. ScottEmerson

ScottEmerson Active Member

You do know that the website that you give is apologetic to the David Koresh group, right? It uses a little too much "militia" rhetoric for me to take them seriously.

It also calls the NRA liberal. We also see that any church who is tax-exempt is part of the Harlot of Revelation. Apparently, I'm kneeling to the Beast. He writes: "If the leadership of your congregation will not face these times of trial faithfully and courageously, depart from them in peace. The Beast will turn and devour the Harlot soon enough. Stop filling the offering plate of the apostasy, and use that money to buy weapons, ammunition, food & supplies."

Seriously, sites like these give legitimate gun owners a black eye.

5. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

Sure. They're fun to shoot.

BTW, Jgrubbs has already pointed out that automatic rifles are already illegal in most cases.

NC Tentmaker made good points in his last post, I recommend re-reading and considering it.

6. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Weapons (including guns) are equalizers among men that help us protect ourselves, our families, and our property against those who have no regard for us, them, or it. There aren't enough people or enough money for the government to provide constant protection at all times, at all places, for all persons. Outlawing weapons only invites those who have no regard to prey willingly upon anyone, any time, and any place. We should instead concentrate upon holding everyone accountable for their actions including the swift and effective punishment of those who show no regard and cause willful harm to others. We already have too many gun control laws on the books (including those since 1934 restricting automatic weapons) that haven't really done anything to stop evil people from doing evil. There is no problem with "assault weapons" in this country except perhaps the paranoia and misunderstanding about them in some circles. There is a problem with people not wanting to accept responsibility for their own defense, for some wanting to limit or eliminate their ability to do so, for many expecting and demanding that the government to solve all their problems and make them absolutely safe, and for frequent ineffective prosecution and punishment of criminal behavior.

Patrick

Patrick

7. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

For most people, having a gun is more dangerous than not having one.

That is, however, a bad argument for banning them. We have a right to bear arms in our Constitution. Furthermore, the fact that many people own guns and do not use and store them responsibly, does not justify taking them from people who do.