1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Police Raids: Internment Camps: NWO historic line: Civil Defense sources

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by windcatcher, Feb 9, 2008.

1. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Several topics seem to have a recurring theme. To that regard I present these links:

Infraguard.com

FROM HERE

Overkill: The Rise of Paramilitary Police Raids in America
    by Radley Balko

Executive Summary
    Americans have long maintained that a man’s home is his castle and that he has the right to defend it from unlawful intruders. Unfortunately, that right may be disappearing. Over the last 25 years, America has seen a disturbing militarization of its civilian law enforcement, along with a dramatic and unsettling rise in the use of paramilitary police units (most commonly called Special Weapons and Tactics, or SWAT) for routine police work. The most common use of SWAT teams today is to serve narcotics warrants, usually with forced, unannounced entry into the home.
    These increasingly frequent raids, 40,000 per year by one estimate, are needlessly subjecting nonviolent drug offenders, bystanders, and wrongly targeted civilians to the terror of having their homes invaded while they’re sleeping, usually by teams of heavily armed paramilitary units dressed not as police officers but as soldiers. These raids bring unnecessary violence and provocation to nonviolent drug offenders, many of whom were guilty of only misdemeanors. The raids terrorize innocents when police mistakenly target the wrong residence. And they have resulted in dozens of needless deaths and injuries, not only of drug offenders, but also of police officers, children, bystanders, and innocent suspects.
    This paper presents a history and overview of the issue of paramilitary drug raids, provides an extensive catalogue of abuses and mistaken raids, and offers recommendations for reform.
    MAP OF BOTCHED RAIDS
    There is sufficient alarm in some areas that political action and supportive groups are forming in some communities. EXAMPLE

CONTRACT FOR 'INTERNMENT CAMPS', Haliburton

US: Halliburton' Internment Camps

by Ruth Conniff, The Progressive
    April 18th, 2006

While thousands of people were celebrating the contribution America's undocumented immigrants make to our economy, and demanding justice and recognition for workers who are denied basic rights, the government was making plans for large-scale detention centers in case of an "emergency influx" of immigrants.

KBR, the Halliburton subsidiary recently reprimanded for gross overcharging in its military contracts in Iraq, won a $385 million contract to build the centers. According to the Halliburton website -- www. Halliburton .com -- "the contract, which is effective immediately, provides for establishing temporary detention and processing capabilities to augment existing ICE Detention and Removal Operations Program facilities in the event of an emergency influx of immigrants into the U.S., or to support the rapid development of new programs."

What new programs might those be?
    HERE FOR ONE VIEWPOINT
    It's been in the plans all along......
    and we've had two different parties, which seem to have different platforms, so how is it they both seem to wind up at the same place? It's by design..... It creates the illusion that we have a choice of parties, a choice when we vote, a chance to make a difference:
    The following is a long but concise history with the major players named ..... about the NEW WORLD ORDER....... coming against the people and the sovereignty of the United States sooner than we think:
    FROM HERE
    RESOURCE SITE ON GLOBAL RESEARCH, trends and news in the march towards a NWO...... what you don't know may.......
    ONE ORGANIZATION TO WARN AND INFORM of the signs of increasing globilization.....some resources at url but membership required for full access
    Physicians for Civil Defense... information resource site

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The potential of violence and death of our officers involved in drug raids are very high. SWAT teams are very appropriate. And thank God for them.

3. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

No contest.

To everything there is a season.... under heaven....

A time for a SWAT and a time for a not.

Let everything be done decently and in order.

BTW:
    I missed it on the first link....

It is
    http://www.infraguard.net
    an organization recruited from representatives of major businesses, membership consideration by inside referral only..... sponsored by the FBI..... purpose to control threats. Immunity is guaranteed against use of deadly force by any member during a time of martial law.

---------------
    Revmitchell, you don't get it..... neither secrecy nor ignorance is an advantage to a free people..... but go stick your head in the sand.... (Sorry, but I can't help myself.....after presenting the material and getting such a off relevancy response.)

4. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is always relevant to present the danger the law enforcement are in which leads to the use of SWAT among other things. This article sounds more like a conspiracy theory than it does a legitimate claim. I am sure Alex Jones would shout a big "Amen" to it though. Criticizing how they dress is silly. But when your case is weak you need to stack up every criticism to make your case sound more realistic.

And by the way the moderators would be the people to check with but I believe you have psoted to much of the article. Usually just a paragraph with a link so as not to post the whole article and infringe on copy rights. I do not really care either way. Thought you might want to know.

#4 Revmitchell, Feb 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2008
  5. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

I see where the mix-up is.
    This is not a document.

It is a running list of 'click on the blue links'.

You would see that only one brief doc is complete. The one about the historic line of the new world order is a very lengthy doc which one posting or several would not have contained within the 10,000 word limit per posting.

One link is to a map of botched police raids where some major mistakes are made by police administering a 'no knock' raid..... sometimes upon innocent people resulting in their injury or death.... and destruction of property.

And did you check out the physicians site in the interest of providing civil defense information...... because our government is building bunkers against nuclear attack in Washington DC, for their own officials..... but are not dispensing even the barest warnings of informattion to our people as to what to do or expect if WE face attack..... yet, the Japan experience and the Three mile Island event, and Chernobyl experience is that a Nuclear attack and exposure to radiation is survivable PROVIDED one is fortunate to be in the right place at the right time and has the provisions and the knowledge of what to do for themselves and for others.

Now, since I did the leg work for you, do you still have a complaint?

6. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

BTW...... rEVMITCHELL....

Where do you get off with 'Alex Jones'....... Is he someone I should know or 'google' or is this a small way of sticking me with a put down.....?

If your recommending him....then say so.
    If not, then don't falsely associated and ridicule someone else. It is soooooo unbecoming!

7. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Oh yes, RevMitchell,

(Are you really a preacher....? Your comprehension skills are begging!)

I never mentioned anything about people's dress? Where did you get that? Nor am I presenting conspiracy..... Just reality..... But some people search for the truth, and some are content to be spoon fed, and make up their own.

8. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

The Haliburton Detention Centers story goes back to 2006, and please note that they have not been built. "KBR did not end up creating immigration centers under its previous contract".

Note also that "Officials of the corps said that they had solicited bids and that KBR was the lone responder."

Also, there is this:

"In recent months, the Homeland Security Department has promised to increase bed space in its detention centers to hold thousands of illegal immigrants awaiting deportation. In the first quarter of the 2006 fiscal year, nearly 60 percent of the illegal immigrants apprehended from countries other than Mexico were released on their own recognizance."
    LINK

So if you are in favor of releasing detainees in the hope that they'll show up for their hearing, then by all means you should be concerned about expanding the facilities!

9. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

Personal insults are not necessary. It's so unbecoming, to borrow your phrase.

10. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by windcatcher
    Oh yes, RevMitchell, (Are you really a preacher....? Your comprehension skills are begging!)

You are so correct. I was up with pain and a bit snappy. To Revmitchell, You, and the members of this board..... I apologize.

-----------------
    Thank you for your input on Haliburton. The source may not have been correct which I read that Haliburton is contracted at 385million dollars per year to be on standby to build these 'detainee' or internment facilities.

One problem we have with illegal aliens is, once they are identified, there is red tape involved in returning them to their country. This is not always a problem. However, if an illegal alien has committed a crime here.... and it was through incarceration for the crime that the illegal status is discovered, the red tape of processing and return to their country may not succeed in breaking a refusal by their country to acknowledge their citizenship and take them back. Thus, if they have not already been indited, they may be released. This has not been uncommon practice in the past, when their home country refuses to acknowledge their citizenship and accept their return. It does stand to reason, therefore, that for those who are not received back by their countries, but are not here legally, create a humane nightmare upon a people with a conscience as to what to do. To award them for their successful entrance across our boarders illegally is wrong. We can't return people if their own country disowns or denies their legal right to be there. Perhaps the internment camps are a corrective way of restricting those who have entered illegally, and discouraging others from pursuing the same goal.......

That's my personal take on things..... however, 385million a year contracted to be on standby..... seems excessive to me, unless our government has reason to believe that there may be more concerns about folks (including our own citizens) within our boarders than just illegal alliens with a sudden and immediate need to isolate, shelter, and control.

I don't know about the observations of others, but in my own area I have seen an increase in large tracts of land..... about 1 mile square.... developed into athletic parks. Two miles from here is one, and four miles from here is another. This seems a strange use of public funds at a time when our local government and our state government is strapped for funds. This area is growing fast although I wonder where all the people come from when almost all the industry and well paying jobs have left. But these athletic parks must be getting enough support from those moving in.

I live in the country and thinking ahead.... it is a practical thing for the county to think ahead and acquire land as it goes up for sale when its available, rather than wait til development has occurred, or emminent domain must be exercised to get it from farmers and residents.

11. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    From post #1:

"These increasingly frequent raids, 40,000 per year by one estimate, are needlessly subjecting nonviolent drug offenders, bystanders, and wrongly targeted civilians to the terror of having their homes invaded while they’re sleeping, usually by teams of heavily armed paramilitary units dressed not as police officers but as soldiers."

12. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Apology accepted

13. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

Yes, there are all sorts of problems involved in what to do with them. We can probably all agree that illegals who have been involved in criminal activity should be deported, but they are the very ones who skip out on their hearings. There aren't easy answers to it, I just think it is unhelpful when US citizens jump to the conclusion that any holding facilities are meant for themselves and raise the alarm about it, based on not much but suspicion.

Good point. Local planning commissions occasionally are thinking ahead and making wise decisions regarding land use, for parks, airports and etc. It's what we elect them for!

14. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

There is really no need for you to apologize. RM's posts bring out the worst in people, and are designed to start a back and forth on personal insults in thread after thread. The question you asked about him being a real "Rev" has been asked many times.

15. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The police are civilians. They are not the Army.

The "War on Drugs", imo, has done more harm than good in these United States.

16. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

My mistake. I forgot that if we're annoyed with someone on the board it's ok to insult them personally.