1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Policy vs Person

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by LeBuick, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

No sweat AJ. Your thoughts are always appreciated, off subject or on. :thumbsup:

Mel

2. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Isn't that still making one of the person and the policy?

The troop and war are not the same. The troops were ordered into combat so the war may or may not represent their ideas.

3. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

We have been in Iraq since 2003. Unless the military has started with 6 year enlistments, then there is noone over there that didnt know we were at war when they either enlisted, or reenlisted.

As far as the OP goes, doesnt the policies of the person give an indication of what kind of person he is?

If Obama was really the christian he claims he is, could he really support policies like abortion and gay rights?

AJ

4. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

The question... Is Rush giving a true and fair assessment of what Obama is doing?

1. Obama is stress testing banks, only strong and viable banks will get help. The others will fail. However, we owned a large part of several banks before Obama came into office.

2. Is is incenting mortgage companies to refinance loans, how is that govt taking over the mortgage industry? Fannie and Freddy was pre-Obama.

3. I haven't heard we were giving the auto makers more help. There is no official position on this yet so Rush assertions are not founded on facts.

4. Obama has private health providers in the summit, sounds like he is giving them a chance to fix things first.

So what he is hoping doesn't work, is not even the plan that's in action. Anything other that that means he's believes these will be Obama's policies because he knows Obama the person. This means he really hopes Obama the person fails because he believes these will be Obama the person's policies.

5. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Wouldn't one who voted for Obama the person also agree with the majority of his policies? I have never agreed 100% with any person or politician, but how do I separate the person from their views?

6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Question.. If a person were an adulterer, liar, drunk, etc.., do you think that would come forth in their policies and philosophical view of life?

7. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

If I read this right, you're saying the man and his policies are one... Right?

8. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Lets suppose all candidates were abortionist, would you not vote at all? Or would you hold your nose and consider more attributes?

9. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Our youth have a 15% unemployment rate and those who are minorities with no college is even higher. The military is offering big bonuses to re-up or enlist in certain jobs, to me this says knowing we're at war and not enlisting are not one in the same.

10. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

I dont get it.

Are you saying that the big bonuses are forcing people to enlist?

They gave out big bonuses when I enlisted in the 70's, and we didnt even have a war going on.

AJ

11. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

It is hard to separate them isn't it?!

12. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Not forcing, but the idea of 3 hots and a cot is pretty tempting over sleeping on the streets.

13. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

I doubt that someone with so limited of an intellect, that they would enlist even though they object to the war, could pass the entrance exam and even get into the military.

How did we get on this?

Obama supports policies of abortion and gay rights...this shows his immorality in his person. Thus person and policy are related.

AJ

14. BigBossman

BigBossman Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wasn't neccesarily saying that Obama was a good person. His support of abortion & homosexual rights definetely casts a HUGE shadow over him. In all honesty, I could care less if he is a "nice guy" or not.

When it comes to politics, in my book, the "nice guys" always finish last. It take more than a smile & overwhelming popularity for me to vote for him. They have to be a strong, hard-nosed, conservative. If Obama were to practice true conservatism in every aspect of running the nation, I would probably vote for him. However, I won't hold my breath.