1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Political activism by Christian? Just another escape from reality.

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Daniel David, Jan 22, 2004.

1. Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus New Member

Dan D
    Still waiting on a reply to my question(s).
    Thanks ----Bart

2. Watchman

Watchman New Member

Excuse me, DD, I cannot speak for you, but perhaps the concern here concerning James Dobson is that he has gotten TOO close to the Roman Catholic Church and the ecumenical movement.

www.wayoflife.org/fbns/dobsonrome.htm

I can understand the concern when, "Name", people: Dobson, Colson, Graham, etc., reach out, so to speak, to the Catholic Church. Do they regard them as brothers? Are they brothers? It is irrefutable that Romanism is wroth with abhorant doctrine and a bloody past.
    If it was to try and reach them with the truth, "Catholics: salvation is by grace, through faith in the finished work of Christ on the cross", that is one thing; But, if it is, "What you believe and do doesn't matter", and that does seem to be the case here, that is quite another matter.

3. LandonL

LandonL New Member

While we're talking about bloody pasts, let's include all the denominations descended from the Calvinistic movement. Whether anyone agrees with Calvin's doctrine, Geneva was no better than the Inquisition under Calvin's leadership.

My point is that no denomination is perfect, and while the Catholics follow what -I- believe to be incorrect doctrine, some Catholics are more christian and more loving than scores of Baptists I fellowship with.

Daniel David, I think it is safe to assume that no one is going to take you seriously until you provide documentation for the claims you make, regardless of the intent of this thread. With your thesis, you have to be able to answer challenges regarding your supporting facts, for without your supporting facts, your entire thesis collapses. Just a tip on how to get your message across.

Respectfully,
    --Landon

4. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

Okay, apparently I glided right over this one. Sorry 'bout that.

What I am speaking against is political activism, not political activity. Christians can and should be part of the political realm. It is just another job. However, we as Christians should not be interested in cleaning up the outside of people. It does them no good, and only convinces them that they are better than others. The gospel is the only hope for mankind, not the 10 commandments, not various bills that get passed, only the gospel.