1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Political Analyst "Ron Paul can beat Romney"

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Havensdad, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

Really? Why is that?

Did you know Paul placed 2nd in the Democratic Primary in New Hampshire, with 2,273 WRITE IN votes, on the democratic side? Paul, in an election that he was not even running in, garnered 4.5 percent of the democratic vote! How many more would have voted for him, had he actually been on the ticket? How many more would have voted for him in a general election?

http://www.democratsforronpaul.com/2012/01/12/ron-paul-2-in-nh-democratic-primary/

AGAIN, Paul BEATS Obama among independents, he BEATS Romney among independents... For you to keep sticking your fingers in your ears, and ignoring all the data, just shows your obvious bias. But it does not negate the FACTS.

Ron Paul is the BEST person to beat Obama, according to everything except the opinion of those who don't like him...

2. PamelaK

PamelaK New Member

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist

1. Romney 35 %
    2. Sanatorm 14 %
    3. Ginrich 13%
    4. Paul 13 %
    5. Perry 5 %
    6. Huntsman 3 %

Salty

(PS - dont tell HD)

4. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

Sigh... that is a national poll. And still, the more recent poll, right below it (this poll was started the day BEFORE the New Hampshire primary) from Wednesday, and Thursday, have Paul at 16 percent.

Considering that in October, he was at 8 percent, I figure he is doing good. He has doubled his base. And considering that he is polling at 20 in South Carolina...

Let me put it this way: We'll see. :)

5. mandym

mandym New Member

What does that mean?

6. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

That I am kinda tired of talking about it. You have never just gotten tired of something, like people saying the same thing over and over, and let out a sigh?

7. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

This is not going to happen, but if the five or so running against Romney would decide which one of them would have the best chance to beat Romney, and then Obama, I believe that person could do it if the others would drop out. Gingrich, Hunstman, and Perry know they are not going to win. IMO, only Santorum or Paul could beat Romney, and that is if only one of them is left.

I hope in 2016 a group of decent candidates choose to run on the Republican side, and the damage can begin to be repaired with a victory, because it is not going to happen this year.

8. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

I appreciate you working career.

My best friend was a journeyman machine repairman for over 30 years. He was one of the best I have every seen. He repaired both manual and CNC machines; lathes, mills, vertical turret lathes, and almost anything there is that cuts metal. He worked for twenty years for one company from 1972 till 1992. They had a retirement plan. He recently had a liver transplant and is disabled. Beside his social security he gets $300 a month from the company he devoted 20 years to. He gets by, but barely.

Yet we read about CEO's from companies that cheated their shareholders who get $100's of millions of dollars for leaving the company they helped wreck. Maybe this helps explain our frustration.

9. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

...Every time I read how the Great Ron Paul is about to be our next president.;)

10. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Arbo, you beat me to it!

But with your permission, I will add the second line:

Ron Paul is the ONLY person who can save this nation.

11. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

I don't believe he is the only person, just the only person among the nominees. The things the other candidates are talking about, will just destroy our country and get us into more wars. Santorum, for instance, said that he does not think government is big enough. That is flat out scary.

12. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How about a link, or some context?