1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Political Viewpoints

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by OldRegular, Dec 26, 2005.

?
  1. Bush did not allow Gore to steal the 2000 election.

46.7%
  2. They are yellow dog democrats.

6.7%
  3. They are radical leftists [historically called pinkos].

20.0%
  4. Bush is an outspoken Christian.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Bush is against killing unborn children.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Bush is steadfast in fighting the War against Islamofacism.

6.7%
  7. They just don't like this country and what it stands for.

20.0%
  8. They suffer from the delusion that a third party will cure all the nations ills.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Is this to imply that ALL Republicans are against Abortion and Homosexuality?

Jamie
    </font>[/QUOTE]Not at all. But it does state that those who vote for candidates who openly support abortion and homosexuality themselves are supporting it.

Perhaps a better question would be why do liberals get so angry when their beliefs are questioned? Why do they respond to political commentary with such vitriol?

Maybe as I said in my earlier post, Old Regular must have touched a sore spot. :D
    </font>[/QUOTE]Who would be the liberals here? Who is angry that their beliefs are questioned?

I only asked a question and as of yet, no one from their "spin city" has answered it. IN fact, I have asked many questions, and yet none of them have been addressed, and the only thing that continues, is the spew of words to create, and keep the arguements going.

No sore spot here unless you're referring to the fact that simple questions can't be answered by people.

Jamie

2. SeekingTruth

SeekingTruth Member

That is not true. If that was true, then everyone who voted for George W. Bush would be supporting his statements about Islam that so many Christians have taken offense to - based on your reasoning. </font>[/QUOTE]I think you are drawing an invalid conclusion. Bush has not stated he supports Islam, as many (if not most) Democrat candidates have done with respect to abortions and homosexuality. When a candidate openly states that a woman has the right to murder her unborn baby or that homosexuality is an acceptable life style, that candidate is a supporter. (And yes, regretably, there are some "Republicans" who support abortion and homosexuality.) Bush has made some comments about Islam that I disagree with and wish he had not said, but I cannot conclude from them that he supports the Islam religion. Therefore, I do not conlude that Bush supporters are implicitly supporting Islam.

3. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

It doesn't take much mental effort to type dumb 16 times. </font>[/QUOTE]Probably as much "mental" effort as it took to start this thread.

Jamie

4. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Ken

i am afraid you have found a soul mate in Jamie.

5. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Ah, in true spirit the insults continue...

Jamie

6. Rocko9

Rocko9 New Member

This thread keeps getting dumber and dumber and dumber and dumber and dumber anddumber and dumber and dumber and dumber and dumber and dumber anddumber and dumber and dumber and dumber and dumber and dumber and dumber anddumber and dumber and dumber and dumber and dumber and dumber and dumber and dumber.-------
    Are you still keeping count Old Regular? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Hey Rocko,

At least we're up to 4 pages of 10. [​IMG]

Jamie

8. Rocko9

Rocko9 New Member

Jeff Gannon [​IMG]This guy used to be a favorite of the White House until it was made public about what he does on the side. So it is O.K. to be Gay and love George Bush at the same time and it is O.K. to be A Bushbot and love homosexuals too.

9. Rocko9

Rocko9 New Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Yeah Jamie as soon as we can put this thread to bed , the sooner we can get Old Regular to come up with another dumb Poll. I wonder if Old Regular is Pollish?

10. OldRegular

I suspect that many of the leftist whiners are afraid to truthfully respond to the poll.

11. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

I am sure that is what it is... It has nothing to do with the fact that Christian's in general don't take lightly to the word Hate, when Jesus has commanded us to love one another, even our enemies.

As I stated that the very beginning, I don't like Bush, or the job he is doing, but I don't Hate him either.

Jamie

12. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

Isn't free speech wonderful? :D </font>[/QUOTE]So is this you admitting that these questions and polls you have posted lately have been to create arguements and pesonal attachs and not for debating the issues?

Hum...

Jamie
    </font>[/QUOTE]I don't think I have ever posted any polls on the forum since I have been a member. And I don't think I have started any threads that were not meant for debate or discussion.

13. emeraldctyangel

emeraldctyangel New Member

Well if the OP was baiting anyone...anyone in need of hook removal services? I have a light touch. [​IMG]

Whose logic dictates any of that? Certainly not mine. I appreciate other POVs, if anything it makes my position on anything that much more clear.

Logic would dictate that you just state what you have to say and walk away. Not stock up on mud pies to throw whenever you feel under attack (which really reads vulnerable).

I dislike the whole premise behind the Book of Mormon, but I did read it first AND I do not take a swing at every kid in a tie and white shirt. Find a steady ground and stand on it. And stop shouting. Doesnt matter if youre right or wrong if you appear rabid. KWIM?

14. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

My goodness if you are going to have any credibility in polling you must do your best to be fair and then let the chips fall where they may...then you get a true snapshot.

Old Reg you might want to try again.

As for bush he is a poor performer and that is in his history...A christian who is a baby christian who seems to lose the battle with the
    flesh and the past.

I'll say it! bush failed and when he used compassionate conservative he LIED! you don't even hear the word mentioned anymore around the white house and the administration because they would have to hang their head in shame, they used that slogan to use moderates, and it worked
    now the truth has been revealed that it's just a slogan with no true intentions on bushs part.

Now if bush was my neighbor I would get a long with him ..might have to remind him to mow his grass and keep barney out of may garden. Other than that I would help him out anyway I could.

Hate is a strong word and it is meant to support preconceived notions and fantasies of people who want to lash out and blame others because their boy is a bad performer and is messing up.

I do dislike how bush has hurt this nation.

For bush to save his legacy he must look to his Father and James Baker and of course capture or
    kill Osama Bin Laden..if he fails at that.

Worst President ever, imho

15. emeraldctyangel

I see you paint others with the same color youve painted your own home Apal. *shakes head as another one bites the hook*

old regular...youre gonna get a whipping! LOL

16. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I always thought logic was based on facts, at least that's how Mr. Spock operated. How does another's personally owned vehicle make your position clearer? :D

17. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Isn't free speech wonderful? :D </font>[/QUOTE]So is this you admitting that these questions and polls you have posted lately have been to create arguements and pesonal attachs and not for debating the issues?

Hum...

Jamie
    </font>[/QUOTE]I don't think I have ever posted any polls on the forum since I have been a member. And I don't think I have started any threads that were not meant for debate or discussion.
    </font>[/QUOTE]JGrubbs,

My remark was not directed towards you, it was directed towards OldRegular. I had, eariler mentioned that that poll wasn't here for truth, is was put here to start trouble, which it did, so in other words, I was saying to OldRegular that he got out of the poll exactly what he wanted, which wasn't any good.

Jamie

18. OldRegular

Compassion to the liberal/left is when they take your money, keep a large portion to line their pockets, and give what is left to someone else.

Compassion to a conservative is when they help someone learn to help themselves. That is sort of the example Jesus Christ used. For example when He made the blind see and the lame walk he did not put them on welfare for life. Also as I recall the only money He took from anyone is when he sent Peter to take the coin from the mouth of the fish.

Conservative compassion is freedon. Liberal/left theivery is thinly disguised totalitarianism, you know, like Communism.

19. OldRegular

Thanks! I believe you are too late since a number of the liberal/left have already swallowed the hook. But if one swallows the bull of the liberal/left politicians they will swallow anything.

20. emeraldctyangel

Ah ponch you watch too much tv my friend, Mr. Spock isnt real.

POV-Point of View

OldRegular - I figured as much. Eh.