1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Politician Calls Jackson a 'Pedophile'

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Crabtownboy, Jul 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Do you have a link?

2. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

N crime against being a creep.

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I am listening to O'Reilly discus the, "probable over dose death of Michael Jackson". You see, now he is guilty of dying of an overdose and Megyn Kelly has his doctor Conrad Murray guilty of the crime. She said he is in "serious trouble".

Why is it defamation to say Sarah Palin might be under investigation but okay to say Michael died of a probable overdose before the autopsy results come back? I really don't understand all these double standards?

4. TomVols

TomVols New Member

If the GOP is worried that King's comments will cost them votes, then the GOP is in more trouble than we thought. Anyone who would hold King's comments against him is reaching for something and probably didn't agree with him on anything to start with. I suspect Peter King would lose more votes if the Yankees didn't go to the World Series.

King went on to say that we should be honoring our fallen servicemen and women the way we're honoring Jackson. Anyone care to disagree with that?

Palin is under investigation. And most clinical definitions of "overdose" would fit Jackson (have you seen his purported cocktail of medications, esp relative to his BMI)? People hear "overdose" and they think of a suicide or an intentional act. Not the case. No one is alleging (to my knowledge) that Jackson intended to take his own life. However, if the purported cocktail of drugs is even half accurate, there's enough there that would violate prescribing/dosage norms that would make questions reasonable.

At the end of the day, so what? So Peter King called Jackson a pervert and pedophile. Why should I care what Peter King thinks? If you care, why?

5. targus

targus New Member

Is this an example of the level of discernment that you use in counseling members of your church?

If it was brought to your attention that one of the members of your church is a 40 year old man that likes to invite little boys to sleep with him in his bed and then pays their parents off after the fact to keep them quite - you would offer the same opinion as above?

Perhaps you could model this for us here on the board - why don't you start with living up to this standard when talking about Sarah Palin?

6. rbell

rbell Active Member

So now we're comparing Michael Jackson followers to Tea Party attenders.

What a monumentally stupid comparison.

7. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

They haven't and never will! democrats run when they are confronted with intellectual honesty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.