1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Politicians and Racism. Why?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Crabtownboy, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

And all nastyness aside, I just noticed....It is Curtis' birthday. So Happy Birthday, you sour old coot!

2. Timsings

Timsings Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

That may be true, but if it is, it is also true that you can't be a conservative or a fundamentalist and live according to scripture. It's impossible. So there! :tongue3:

Tim Reynolds

3. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Why do you mock the Democratic candidate and your religion by calling him "messiah" and "his holiness?" Take the beam out of your ouw eye before trying to take the mote out of your brother's.

4. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Simple; based on the reaction I've seen from his "worshipers" when any criticism is forthcoming. And when anybody offers that strong adulation to another human, my interpretation is that he (the recepient of said adulation) is to the givers of said adulation, a "messiah/his holiness"!

Incidentally, the mocking is not so much for the "Democratic candidate", as 'tis for his minions.

Now I realize there are some who support him strictly as their choice for POTUS, and while I don't grasp the logic therein, I can accept that as their choice, but many others appear to be totally mesermerized at his mere presence and treat him as a "god".

This concept applies to any candidate, but IMNSHO, it is far more prevalent on the liberal branch of politics!

5. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Happy birthday Bro. Curtis! :thumbs:

6. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You find it more prevalent iwth liberals? I find that quite an interesting statement in that there are those who still hold a view that Bush is god and can do no wrong ... even after all the disasters he has created the last 8 years.