1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Politicians we LOVE to HATE

Discussion in 'History Forum' started by Dr. Bob, Dec 15, 2004.

1. Dale

Dale New Member

I would agree with all of these but would add:

Governor "Arnie" as he has been nothing but a playboy for years and he is now in the top spot in CA, but I guess that is what the state deserves.

Bush senior for making the term "new world order" a household phrase.

Mitch Daniels but I had better confirm his misdealings with Eli Lilly before I am dogmatic.

GWB for his admitted membership in a secret society that is known to be very satanic in nature and most importantly, for taking our country even further into pluralism. He is an idolator...oh, and his little worhisp incedent in Japan....Oh, and well....I don't have the time.

John Kerry for most the same...

Any politician that would claim to be a Christian just to get the Christian vote...

I had better leave.....I have to work tomorrow :)

2. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Let's not forget "Landslide Lyndon" B. Johnson. He was one of those politicians who was so well loved in some remote TX counties back in the late 1940's that people there even rose from the dead to vote for him.

A study of some our vice presidents in the 19th, and early to mid 20th century will certainly provide one w/ an astounding array of ne'er-do-wells.

Lest you suspect I'm a GOP partisan, let me mention some folks that the Gross Old Party would rather forget: Topping the list would probably have to be President Grant (1869-1877). While he may have been a war hero prior to his election, there were few of his cabinet appointees that were not tarnished by at least one (usually more) really outrageous scandal.

The TN Democratic Party would probably rather you not invoke the memory of Gov. Ray Blanton (1975-1979). In the latter days of his tenure, one of the solutions he had for reducing prison overcrowding was simply to pardon every inmate whose case was up for review from the TN state Pardons & Parole Board. In fact, it got so bad that the Speaker of the TN State Assembly [house], the President of the TN Senate, & and the Chief Justice of the TN State Supreme Court [all 3 of which were "life-long" Democrats] had GOP governor-elect Lamar Alexander (now a US Senator) sworn in about a week earlier than scheduled just to get rid of TN's incumbent Democrat chief executive.

Then, too, there was TN's most recent GOP governor Don Sundquist. While his 1st term was relatively uneventful, when he started promoting the idea of a state IT [Income Tax] during the latter half of his 2d term, well ....

It almost reminded me of the 1970 PA governor's race. The GOP candidate said PA needed an IT while the Democrat candidate campaigned against the IT. Guess who won? Guess who w/in a year signed the bill authorizing one anyway?

No doubt about it, we've had some of the best politicians that money can buy.

3. Amity

Amity Guest

Dr. Bob:
    that's nice. i'm liking this place more and more. :rolleyes:

Matthew 5:
    43Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.

44But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

45That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

46For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

47And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?

48Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

In Christian love.

4. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

AMEN Amity girl, you GO!

In HIS service;
    Jim

5. Amity

Amity Guest

Hey Jim.....I love your "screen name" [​IMG]

Love in Christ.

6. Johnv

Johnv New Member

It can be said that the most revered and beloved person will be hated as soon as he enters politics. Everyone used to love Arnold Schwarzenegger, until, guess what? It doesn't matter if it's Jerry Falwell, Jerry Lewis, Jerry Seinfeld, or Tom and Jerry. That person becomes a target of hate the moment they say they intend to run. There's no way around it. It would not surprise me if Jesus Christ himself, if he were to run for office, were hated by those who love him today.

7. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Thanks Amity. You would not believe the heat I get for it.

Johnv; I suspect you are 100% right on this one. EEEEEEK! :eek: :eek: Jim agreeing with Johnv?

The Second coming is near!

In HIS service;
    Jim

8. Amity

Amity Guest

I'm sure you do get heat for it here! I'll PM ya with a place that you won't!!!!! Just in case you're interested......

9. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I agree with many of the people listed on here. Although I am puzzled by one. Dr. Bob, why do you list that you hate Lincoln? Just curious.

10. patrioticcamerican

I remember hearing about Dixon's church and the problems there. What happened, with details, as I see you are from Indianapolis. How was he a cruel taskmaster to poor children? :confused:

11. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Looks like us NYers can love, bless and pray for Hillary until she gives a reason for the rest of the US to do the same.

Amity, didn't know it was so unnerving this side of the Mason-Dixon, didja? Now I have to go pray for Chuckie, George P, Mr. "Really guys, I'm a Republican" Bohlert....

12. Dale

Dale New Member

I remember hearing about Dixon's church and the problems there. What happened, with details, as I see you are from Indianapolis. How was he a cruel taskmaster to poor children? :confused: </font>[/QUOTE]I of course did not post that but I can get you some info about that case. There is a book that was published about a year ago called Approved By God. It was co written by a former staff member of IBT. It exposes a lot of what really went on behind the scenes there. If you want, I can get you in touch with the authors to get a copy if you want.

13. Dale

Dale New Member

BTW, I knew Greg Dixon personally and although I strongly disagree with many of the things that he did and I belive that he was very dishonest with his dealings with the IRS (basically he wanted corporate benefits without the paying the "dues)
    He was not however a "cruel taskmaster to poor children". This is just simply NOT true. The only way this could be true is if he was totally different to other childeren because I knew him from about the age of 8 to about 18 (I am 24 now) and he always treated me VERY well.

Please, ChurchMouseGuy, give us your evidence of such.
    Thanks.

14. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

I don't hate Senator McCarthy, but I very strongly dislike his actions.

15. patrioticcamerican

Why? Just wondering. :confused:

16. Stephen Mills

Stephen Mills New Member

I'm curious as well, Dr. Bob. Why do you hate Lincoln?

17. Amity

Amity Guest

Looks like us NYers can love, bless and pray for Hillary until she gives a reason for the rest of the US to do the same.

Amity, didn't know it was so unnerving this side of the Mason-Dixon, didja? Now I have to go pray for Chuckie, George P, Mr. "Really guys, I'm a Republican" Bohlert....
    </font>[/QUOTE]LOL!!!!!! Yeah, this southern gal can't seem to get used to the north!!! I just had to laugh, [​IMG] Bohlert, ummmm, yeah, Republican in liberal's clothing. Then again, the entire NYS political system leaves a lot to be desired!!!! HELP I'M A PRISONER!!!!! TAKE ME BACK DOWN SOUTH!!!!!!!!

OH, BTW...would it be wrong when I pray for Hillary, that my prayer was something like "please, God, she's done enough damage to NYS, don't let her run for the Presidency" :eek: :D