1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Politics in Bible translation

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Gerhard Ebersoehn, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I have witnessed it myself.

Check 'Strong's', 'Green's', 'Knoch's'.

Check them in the first written publications. Check them in every place where TIME and DAY are of the essence to an understanding of what you read in places like Matthew 28:1 ---see the thread so titled.

In other words, note how 'sources' like the mentioned CHANGED through the years, and, changed, even from the time they first appeared on internet to the present.

For example, follow the way the word 'opse' in the Greek (of Matthew 28:1) was 'expounded' through time.

At first, in printed academic books 'opse' was said to be an Adverb. Period.

'opse' was said to mean "late". Period

How long did 'opse' stay an Adverb meaning "late" since it made its debut on internet?

How long did it stay like that in print since the late twentieth century?

Then one day, and you looked up 'opse' on internet (through any 'source'), or book, and there it stood (unobtrusive), 'opse', Adverb, "late" / Preposition, "after"!

and today: 'opse', Preposition : "after" PERIOD

No more: Adverb, 'late'!!

Now check up the 'Translations'. Check the 'ol' KJV' against the NKJV . . . and ask yourself, No longer is the AV-AKJV the authority? Is it now the ANKJV -- the 'Authorized NEW King James Version'?

I SAW it happen.

What is going on?

Were the old guys stupid, inferior, quasi scholars? Were they actually LIARS who fraudulently "divided" God's Word?

No! The old guys were the real scholars. And now a days with all the electronic knowledge so increased and superior, there ARE NO REAL MEN who are the learned teachers of the masses. It is all machines!

And POLITICIANS are the machines' operators.

#1 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Jun 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
  2. vooks

vooks Active Member

Conspiracy theories are for retards.
    Explain to us why HISTORICALLY nobody has EVER hallucinated a Saturday resurrection. I mean the first 500 years of Christianity or further.

At the same time explain the first time anybody hallucinated a Saturday resurrection.
    The history atrocities committed by this Adventist author would fill up all the books of the world
    http://www.giveshare.org/HolyDay/history-sat-res-doctrine.pdf

#2 vooks, Jun 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2015
  3. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That is what YOU <hallucinate>, chum.

And before I go on to DESTROY YOU WITH GOD’S WORD OF TRUTH, mark well, I am no <Adventist>—SDA. Are you <retarded> that you don’t get that into your skull?

YOU, <hallucinate>, because <historically> EVERYBODY since Tyndale (1534?) and the AVKJV (1611) reading an English Bible READ Jesus’ Lordly Day of Resurrection, “in the end and fullness of the SABBATH as it—the SABBATH began to dawn being in the mid-inclining daylight towards / against the First Day of the week” and EVERYBODY who were able to for <<<the first 500 years of Christianity or further>>> until the Reformation and Tyndale, READ nothing THAN Jesus’ Resurrection-Day in Greek, ‘opse de SABBATOHN tehi epiphoskousehi eis Mian sabbatohn’, ---'1Ὀψὲ δὲ σαββάτων, τῇ ἐπιφωσκούσῃ εἰς μίαν σαββάτων'---; or in Latin, “1 Vespere autem sabbati, quæ lucescit in prima sabbati, venit Maria Magdalene, et altera Maria, videre sepulchrum.”

. . . like EVERYBODY who could after those <<500 years or further>> until Tyndale, in English READ Wycliffe, however wanting in preciseness, “But in the eventide OF THE SABBATH [Forsooth in the evening OF THE SABBATH, or holiday], that beginneth to shine in the first day of the week,”

#3 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Jun 28, 2015
  4. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It is only <retards> who are blind or pretend blind to this conspiracy which is no <theory> but is there for everyone reading his Bible to see.

5. vooks

vooks Active Member

You are out on a limb buddy.
    The moment you can show me somebody who thought Jesus resurrected on Saturday, come look for me. Otherwise you will spend another 40years meandering in wilderness of confusion over obvious truths. And I don't think you will clock another 40

6. vooks

vooks Active Member

And am being unkind to retards. Theorists are worse!

Let's go beyond Reformation. I gave you 500 years. Why did they WITHOUT exception believe in Sunday resurrection? These spoke languages closer to Biblical Greek

7. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

When I was a youngster, a monster of fellow made me out for a physical and mental retard, and he for long insisted on going beyond his verbal abuse and explain to me his unkindness in language closer to that of his kind. He found out that though he received another 500 years, he wouldn’t find a worse theorist than himself.

You, vooksie pooksie, gave me no nanno fraction of a second.

Now NAME, the reformers who believed in <<Sunday resurrection>>! And QUOTE them claiming it.

Nevertheless, could you find ALL of them taught <<Sunday resurrection>>, you will only have proved they ALL might have taught <<Sunday resurrection>> without exception, WITHOUT SCRIPTURE.
    But first produce results and identify them, my endearing giant in the arrogance of knowing sweet blow all.

And I will give you another task, seeing you are so cock sure of yourself. Recite in writing for us here ANY CONFESSION which came from the 5000 years you have squandered in your desert full of mirages of devils haunting guilty consciences ---because that is what they did with THEIR ‘Articles of Faith’ --- THEY CONFESSED IT! Therefore quote here the article where the Reformers CONFESSED <<WITHOUT exception>> “I with the Church of all time, believe, Sunday resurrection”.

There was no exception, the Reformers CONFESSED their <<beliefs WITHOUT exception>>. So don’t give up to find them!

Produce your exceptions, lay the eggs for proof you are a fruitful little rooster vooks!

And don’t forget your first assignment!

8. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    For those who might care to know,

Augustine in later life left the Roman Catholics and became one who believes the Sabbath instead of Sunday.

Huss believed the Sabbath. His whole movement was accused of heresy inter alia because they believed the Seventh Day Sabbath.

Tyndale said Sundayists had no grounds for obsessiveness with Sunday but that the Sabbatharians had at least some Scripture for their belief.

Luther said if Karlstadt kept on preaching the Sabbath all reformed people would have had to become Jews.

Calvin said the Sundayists' superstition was thrice that of the Jews.

And 'official' statements (at least two of which I can think of) were made that virtually the whole world about the seventh century kept the Sabbath.

Bob Ryan, I donated all my books, now I cannot give detail. Please tell us more about this, if you don't mind. Plutarch was one guy?

Or read my earlier books at http://www.biblestudents.co.za

A papal paper for the arrest and execution of Sabbath keepers who lived in the Alps was issued giving as one reason that they kept the Sabbath.

In Spain if a house did not emit smoke from its chimney on Sundays, the occupants without ado were executed for reason they were Jews or Sabbath believing Christians.

In England the main issue between the Celtic Christians and Rome was over Easter and the Sabbath. The issue was settled by intimidating the Celts that Peter had the keys to hell, and Peter was the first pope in Rome.

Several of the Puritans were Sabbath believers and some were put on the stake for their faith in both the resurrection and the Sabbath.

The LAW for reason for one's Sabbath belief originated with the Seventh-day Adventists in the nineteenth century.

#8 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Jun 28, 2015
  9. vooks

vooks Active Member

You are not smart buddy. 40 years of wandering and all you got to show for it is confusion...pathetic
    There is life BEFORE Reformation. Let's start there....with the 'church fathers'. That's my charge. Once we are done with these, we can move on to Reformation and from there we can begin to thoroughly debunk your intellectual vacuity

Belief in Sunday Resurrection. Step outside the glorious 66 books and let's deal with history. The pen has just dried on Revelation 22:21. Can you find any trace of Saturday resurrection thereabout? When was it FIRST mentioned?

#9 vooks, Jun 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2015
  10. vooks

vooks Active Member

Ton of garbage.:tonofbricks: This is not about sabbath keeping but Sunday resurrection

11. vooks

vooks Active Member

2nd Century Church Fathers, uninspired but certainly way intelligent that Gehard and his 40 year old incoherence

130AD BARNABAS: Moreover God says to the Jews, 'Your new moons and Sabbaths 1 cannot endure.' You see how he says, 'The present Sabbaths are not acceptable to me, but the Sabbath which I have made in which, when I have rested [heaven: Heb 4] from all things, I will make the beginning of the eighth day which is the beginning of another world.' Wherefore we Christians keep the eighth day for joy, on which also Jesus arose from the dead and when he appeared ascended into heaven. (15:8f, The Epistle of Barnabas, 100 AD, Ante-Nicene Fathers , vol. 1, pg. 147)

150AD JUSTIN:But Sunday is the day on which we hold our common assembly, because it is the first day of the week and Jesus our saviour on the same day rose from the dead. (First apology of Justin, Ch 68)

150AD JUSTIN: And on the day called Sunday there is a gathering together in the same place of all who live in a city or a rural district. ... We all make our assembly in common on the day of the Sun, since it is the first day, on which God changed the darkness and matter and made the world, and Jesus Christ our Savior arose from the dead on the same day. For they crucified him on the day before Saturn's day, and on the day after (which is the day of the Sun the appeared to his apostles and taught his disciples these things. (Apology, 1, 67:1-3, 7; First Apology, 145 AD, Ante-Nicene Fathers , Vol. 1, pg. 186)

Gehard, you need to find something better to do with the rest of your life down there in RSA. Theology is clearly not your forte. But can you really train an old, very old dog new tricks?

#11 vooks, Jun 29, 2015
  12. vooks

vooks Active Member

3rd century Church fathers
    200AD TERTULLIAN: Others . . . suppose that the sun is the god of the Christians, because it is well-known that we regard Sunday as a day of joy. (To the Nations 1: 133)

225 AD The Didascalia (The Teaching of the Apostles) 2 "The apostles further appointed: On the first day of the week let there be service, and the reading of the Holy Scriptures, and the oblation [Lord's Supper], because on the first day of the week our Lord rose from the place of the dead, (Didascalia 2).

4th century
    350 AD APOSTOLIC CONSTITUTIONS " But keep the Sabbath, and the Lord's day festival; because the former is the memorial of the creation, and the latter of the resurrection. But there is one only Sabbath to be observed by you in the whole year, which is that of our Lord's burial, on which men ought to keep a fast, but not a festival. For inasmuch as the Creator was then under the earth, the sorrow for Him is more forcible than the joy for the creation; for the Creator is more honourable by nature and dignity than His own creatures." (Constitutions of the Holy Apostles, book 7)

This is quite interesting because among others it distinguishes the Lord's Day as Sunday and not Saturday as Adventists and other depraved minds are wont to insist.

#12 vooks, Jun 29, 2015
  13. vooks

vooks Active Member

I can go on proving belief in Sunday Resurrection is as old as Christianity. So while you have been busy twiddling scriptures with your scatter knowledge of Greek, history bears witness against your garbage.

Now it is your turn to draw from second to fourth century history evidence of a belief in Saturday resurrection

#13 vooks, Jun 29, 2015
  14. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    45. Q.
    How does Christ's resurrection benefit us?
    A.
    First,
    by his resurrection
    he has overcome death,
    so that he could make us share
    in the righteousness
    which he had obtained for us
    by his death. 1
    Second,
    by his power
    we too are raised up
    to a new life. 2
    Third,
    Christ's resurrection
    is to us a sure pledge
    of our glorious resurrection. 3
    1.Rom 4:25; 1 Cor 15:16-20; 1 Pet 1:3-5.
    2.Rom 6:5-11; Eph 2:4-6; Col 3:1-4.
    3.Rom 8:11; 1 Cor 15:12-23; Phil 3:20, 21.

Conspicuous in its absence :- <<<Sunday resurrection>>>

Conspicuous in its absence is "Sunday 45" etcetera and in its PRESENCE the CORRUPTION instead, 'Lord's Day 44' et al.

Not even the CONFESSIONS are spared!

15. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Lord's Day 34

92. Q.
    What is the law of the LORD?
    A.
    God spoke all these words:
    I am the LORD your God,
    who brought you out of Egypt,
    out of the land of slavery.
    1. You shall have no other gods before me.
    2. You shall not make for yourself an idol
    in the form of anything in heaven above
    or on the earth beneath
    or in the waters below.
    You shall not bow down to them or worship them;
    for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God,
    punishing the children for the sin of the fathers
    to the third and fourth generation
    of those who hate me,
    but showing love to a thousand generations of those
    who love me and keep my commandments.
    3. You shall not misuse the name of the LORD your God,
    for the LORD will not hold anyone guiltless
    who misuses his name.
    4. Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy.
    Six days you shall labor and do all your work,
    but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD
    your God. On it you shall not do any work,
    neither you, nor your son or daughter,
    nor your manservant or maidservant,
    nor your animals,
    nor the alien within your gates.
    For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth,
    the sea, and all that is in them,
    but he rested on the seventh day.
    Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day
    and made it holy.
    5. Honor your father and your mother,
    so that you may live long
    in the land the LORD your God is giving you.
    6. You shall not murder.
    7. You shall not commit adultery.
    8. You shall not steal.
    9. You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.
    10. You shall not covet your neighbor's house.
    You shall not covet your neighbor's wife,
    or his manservant or maidservant,
    his ox or donkey,
    or anything that belongs to your neighbor. 1

16. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Lord's Day 38

103. Q.
    What does God require
    in the fourth commandment?
    A.
    First,
    that the ministry of the gospel and the schools
    be maintained 1
    and that, especially on the day of rest,
    I diligently attend the church of God 2
    to hear God's Word, 3
    to use the sacraments, 4
    to call publicly upon the LORD, 5
    and to give Christian offerings for the poor. 6
    Second,
    that all the days of my life
    I rest from my evil works,
    let the LORD work in me through his Holy Spirit,
    and so begin in this life
    the eternal Sabbath. 7
    1.Deut 6:4-9; 20-25; 1 Cor 9:13, 14; 2 Tim 2:2; 3:13-17; Tit 1:5.
    2.Deut 12:5-12; Ps 40:9, 10; 68:26; Acts 2:42-47; Heb 10:23-25.
    3.Rom 10:14-17; 1 Cor 14:26-33; 1 Tim 4:13.
    4.1 Cor 11:23, 24.
    5.Col 3:16; 1 Tim 2:1.
    6.Ps 50:14; 1 Cor 16:2; 2 Cor 8 and 9.
    7.Is 66:23; Heb 4:9-11.

17. vooks

vooks Active Member

The day of resurrection is really not important any more than who between Peter and John got to the empty tomb first in John 20. But it is recorded that John got there first. It is revealed by the Holy Spirit that he outran Peter.

Denying such OBVIOUS truths suggest we are not dealing with Christians but scoffers

18. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And what have you, said in these lines? . . .

. . . nothing in the lines ... much <vacuity> in between the lines.

In fact, to me very much sounding like plagiarizing <vacuity> . . .

19. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hey Vook, may I remind you of those Reformers!

You haven't mentioned them yet.

20. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Who are your <<Church fathers>>, Vooks? Third and fourth century Latin speaking and writing attorneys and members of the Roman Catholic church?

Are you a Roman Catholic?