1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Poll- Do babies that die go to hell?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Winman, Aug 15, 2014.

?
  1. All babies that die go to hell

2.8%
  2. All babies that die go to heaven

75.0%
  3. Elect babies go to heaven, non-elect babies go to hell

8.3%
  4. Other, please explain

13.9%
  1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I will have to thank you Winman for opening up a very old wound....in your quest to attack Calvinists I sometimes wonder about you and your heart. But that is for you to examine.

But I have my own private beliefs forged after years of questioning....but in short, I share Kentuckys position. In Genesis 18:25. Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right? Thats enough for me....I am content. :godisgood:

2. Winman

Winman Active Member

I am truly sorry for your loss, but this is a topic that has arisen in Christianity for 2000 years.

I personally do not believe babies are sinners and therefore no babies go to hell.

I have not attacked anyone for what they believe, it is simply a poll. I just wanted to see what folks believed.

You say the Judge of all the earth will do right. What does that mean? Some would say it is only just that babies go to hell because they are all sinners.

So, what do you mean?

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wes, I mean that my faith is in God alone....I mean that I believe that He will always do the right thing....I mean that "even in perseived tragedy " that its meant for good.

This has taken me a long long time to come to terms with....in the final analysis, God alone is good and fair and righteous.....not you, not I and not any human can totally understand Him. Perhaps revisiting Job and his plight and his dialog with God would prove helpful....particularly if you are looking for answers.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Winman

Winman Active Member

I know it is tough. My Aunt and Uncle lost their 5 year old daughter before I was born. I never knew her, but they had a large portrait of her over their fireplace their whole lives. They never forgot. My Dad said they barely spoke to anyone for years. So, I know it is a terrible tragedy that hurts to the very core.

I am glad you are somewhat better now, though no one fully recovers from a loss like this.

I personally do not believe babies are sinners. I believe Romans 9:11 proves this.

Rom 9:11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth; )

Paul shows that Jacob and Esau had done no evil in their mother's womb. They had not sinned with Adam or anyone else. So why should they deserve to go to hell? I don't believe they should.

But most folks disagree with me and believe all babies are sinners.

Good does come from this, I actually got to speak to my Uncle once about my cousin dying, and it was because of her death that he received Jesus as his Saviour. He knew she went to heaven, and he wanted to make sure he saw her again and spend eternity with her. Those were his very words.

#44 Winman, Aug 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
  5. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You give testimony to this as you do not grasp the difference.:laugh:

6. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You have no basis for your presumption as clearly multitudes of persons are not saved.The statement in the confession leaves salvation in the hands of God which you are not willing to do evidently.

My view is not presumption at all as that statement reflects the biblical understanding of both election and salvation.

No person will be saved apart from God'selecting grace.

7. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You have no basis for your presumption as clearly multitudes of persons are not saved.The statement in the confession leaves salvation in the hands of God which you are not willing to do evidently.

My view is not presumption at all as that statement reflects the biblical understanding of both election and salvation.

No person will be saved apart from God's electing grace.

8. Winman

Winman Active Member

Icon, I included choice #3 specifically for folks like you that believe some babies are elect and will go to heaven, while other babies are not elect and would therefore go to hell.

I understand your position perfectly.

Now, looking back, I could have included another option. Catholics and others believe that a baby that is baptized will go to heaven, while babies that are not baptized will go to hell. That one just didn't occur to me when I wrote the poll.

A person who believes that MIGHT choose option #3 or perhaps #4 I don't know.

Option #4 was for anyone else not included in options #1-3 so they could vote and explain themselves.

Your doctrine is not nearly as difficult to understand as you think. You puff yourself up believing you are more intelligent than others. If you were really intelligent you would recognize how illogical much of Calvinism is.

9. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Oh really? Job 19:25-27 I know that my redeemer lives,
    and that in the end he will stand on the earth.
    And after my skin has been destroyed,
    yet in my flesh I will see God;
    I myself will see him
    with my own eyes—I, and not another.
    How my heart yearns within me!

#49 Jedi Knight, Aug 16, 2014
  10. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Noticed I clarified the neo-platonic afterlife we are inundated with. I did say they believed in resurrection in this world. But they didn't want heaven like everyone here seems to want.

#50 Greektim, Aug 16, 2014
  11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Is your view based on a "presumption" because it comes from a mnan-made confession, rather than a well thought out answer based on the Word of God itself?

12. Greektim

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you aware how well thought out and biblically based these man-made confessions are which you seem to despise?

13. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no such thing.

14. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Again,see Job.

16. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    #2 All babies that die go to heaven

When Little Boy and Fat Man were dropped how many did we save because they did not yet know that they were, Shinbutsu shūgō?

Or is this a fair question relative to the OP?

17. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Yes. I am also aware that they are well thought out with a pre-determined bias.
    For example, the RCC Catechism is well thought out. Just because it is well thought out doesn't mean I must agree with it. The Bible is my standard not any confession or catechism. Man is fallible; the Bible isn't.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Winman

Winman Active Member

Why don't you tell us what you believe first?

19. Greektim

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where in that passage does it mention heaven??? Resurrection implies earth... which was used in Job! Again, stop letting Plato affect your theology.

20. Greektim

Faith:
    Baptist
    You were the one asking for a well thought out answer. He provided one... perhaps not his own but rather others who used the Bible to think out well good answers.