1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Poll: GOP Surges Past Democrats

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A new CNN poll finds a dramatic reversal in the battle for Congress. A month ago, Democrats held a 50-42 advantage on a generic ballot, gauging basic party preference. The disastrous rollout of ObamaCare has driven a ten-point swing to the Republicans. The GOP now leads Democrats 49-47. More importantly, Republicans hold a 17 point advantage among Independents.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/11/26/Poll-GOP-Surges-Past-Democrats

2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK but in political terms it's still a long way to the next election.

You can be assured that the DNC has a colossal "think tank" going with the bottom line motto "The ends justifies the means" as to keeping and gaining more of a majority lead and preserving their chance for the next presidency.

Also its a good prediction that the RNC will probably fumble the opportunity the Affordable Health Care Bill results has dumped into their collective lap.

Sad but probably true.

HankD

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

They are not called the "stupid" party without cause!

4. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My point exactly!

The good rev has probably wanted this to be so badly, that he is willing to forget that, like you said, November 2014 is still a year away! Many things can happen to change that poll.

We all know how fickle the American people are? And before you buy stock in that island, make sure it floats long enough to get you those numbers in both the Senate and Congress!

Obama is crafty enough to manipulate something that could substantially change those number before next year! After all a bird in the hand is better than a bird in the bush!

The great pretender is a campaign master, and I still see a lot of blacks and Hispanics [here in California] that love the man! And if we went by polls, Romney would have been president!

Cool you excitement "rev" there's a lot of ball game left and the fat lady has yet to sing! :laugh:

5. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would just stick to what is the the op.

They have had one the entire time. It is currently not working for them.

The establishment GOP might.

HankD[/QUOTE]

6. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What it does show, currently, is that what the President and the Dems are doing is not popular nor seen as good or right.

7. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

There is no doubt the Republicans are in better shape at THIS moment in time. The primaries next spring will go a long way in determining how much Republicans are willing to change. The two parties should have a gap like a gap between an A and F. Now, its like a D- and F.

8. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wish I had your optimism Rev, "fool me once (with a RINO)....etc"

IMO, I am following the op. Yes they (GOP) have the upper hand now.

1.) Can they keep it or play the silence game and loose it?
    2.) Even if they keep it will they offer up more RINOs?

HankD