1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Poll: Is the papacy that Man of Sin, Antichrist?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by ReformedBaptist, Mar 27, 2009.

?
  1. Yes.

4 vote(s)
    12.9%
  2. No.

20 vote(s)
    64.5%
  3. I don't know.

7 vote(s)
    22.6%
  1. historyb

historyb New Member

I go with the London Baptist Confession of Faith 1689:
    Source

Coming from Amillennial Partial Preterist point of view

#21 historyb, Apr 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2009
  2. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

Once again, I must confess, that I didn't read every post, so this might have been stated already.

But, I don't think out of the RC church wiill come the Antichrist. Many antichrists, yes, we have seen that. They could produce the False Prophet. I am not saying that it can't happen, I just don't see it.

Someone mentioned Half-Jew, possibly, but unlikely as well. Will he be from the Middle East, possibly, but why not America. Obama (not saying he is the antichrist) has sure caused a lot, a lot of people to fall in love with him, he comes from a Muslim background, and he sure doesn't have a Christ-like agenda. Considering his background, it appears he could win the hearts of those in Isarel and keep the Muslims in his back pocket, give the impression of 3.5 years of peace and then turn on the Jew. He could also very easily set in the temple an image of himself, and I am sure he wouldn't mind a little worship to be thrown his way. I don't think he is THE antichrist, but I have a feeling this is what the antichrist will look like and how he will act.