1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Polls Mean Nothing: Read This and WEEP!!!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Agnus_Dei

Agnus_Dei New Member

The issue I have is that fundamentalist start hollering for the “rapture” every election here in the US. Like God has His eye solely on the political situation of the US and this will be His directive to initiate the second coming. Give me a break…

Christ said the gates of Hell will never prevail against His Church, but Christ never said His Church would not suffer or be persecuted. There’s Christians in other parts of the world that are experiencing persecution, unlike anything we Americans have ever witnessed or faced.

Sure abortion is wrong, same sex unions are wrong, but guess what…it has been going on for Centuries upon Centuries through out this world.

My views on Christ returning have to do with His Church, not the political situation in the US.

In XC
    -

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God cares about the politics of every nation. We are concerned specifically about the politics of our Country as it more directly effects us. Separating politics from our faith is to lead a dual life and that is a hypocritical life. Wether or not abortion and homose*uality has gone on for centuries has absolutely no bearing on our responsibility to stand up for the righteousness of God. But having read your signature I understand why you say what you do. Very sad indeed.

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

The Bible did not produce the Church, the Church produced the Bible. The Church is not built upon the Bible, it is built upon the apostles and prophets. Christ did not leave a written book to guide his Church, he left living men empowered by the Holy Spirit.

This is the signature you are talking about. How twisted is this? The Church did not produce the Bible. The Bible was written by the hand of God as the Holy Spirit Inspired every single word in the Bible written through several men.

The Church is not built on the apostles and prophets. It is built on the Lordship of Jesus Christ.

When Christ left the earth, the Bible was still being Inspired through men. The last sentence in the signature does not make sense. The Holy Spirit indwells all who are saved, and He guides us into all things, convicts, etc. Christ did not leave men impowered by the Holy Spirit. The Spirit indwells believers, not all men. It was availabe to believers after Christ left. Since the Bible is Inspired by the same Spirit, does it not seem that the indwelling of the Spirit and the Bible work hand in hand to guide us and make us better Christians?

Where on earth did you get those ideas?

4. North Carolina Tentmaker

I see no righteous candidate for president. As much as I like governor Palin, McCain will be president, not her.

I see reason to mourn no matter who wins this election.

I believe both will lead out nation down the path of destruction, albeit Obama will lead us down that path a lot faster.

Our nation has a long hard future ahead of us. I do mourn, I mourn that my children will not grow up to enjoy the same liberty and the same lifestyle I have enjoyed. I mourn that the country I loved so much disappears a little more each day.

5. Agnus_Dei

Agnus_Dei New Member

Then what came first…The New Testament Church or the completed Bible as you and I know it with the New and Old Testaments?

My signature has absolutely NOTHING to do with who or how the books, letters or Gospels were written.

Name me one, ONE New Testament Letter, Gospel or Book that was written prior to Pentecost.

It was the Apostles guided by the Holy Spirit who made up the CHURCH that wrote the letters, books and Gospels that make-up our NT. It was the CHURCH made up of holy men, guided by that same Holy Spirit (who Christ promised would guide, protect and remind His Church of all things) that decided which letters and books that make-up our NT were authentic and genuine and weeded out the ones that were corrupted.

In XC
    -

6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is apparent that you have absolutely no understanding of the nature of scripture. But this is a topic for another thread.

7. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

This is way off topic, my fault. All I am going to say is that the apostles were sinful men just like all of us who were used by God to accomplish his purposes. They were no more or less holy than any believer today, and that is only through the righteousness of Christ. They have no special status.

The Church was founded by Jesus Christ, really before the foundation of the earth, by certainly in the book of Matthew. Oh, and by the way, I am not even sure we have the same books in our respective Bibles.

8. Agnus_Dei

Agnus_Dei New Member

And how does this conflict with my signature again? Christ sent His Apostles out to establish His Church right? Did Christ even tell His Apostles to write a book?

Yes, the Apostles were sinful, nothing special about them, but as my signature proclaims, they were living men empowered by the Holy Spirit. Christ promised the Holy Spirit would lead His Church and remind His Church of ALL things. His Church IS made up of sinful men of whom I am chief.

Don’t over think my signature…

In XC
    -

9. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

So, you as a minister, believe that we can know when the Second Coming will occur?

2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Where do you find that in the Bible?

Do you check at the door of your church to ensure that no Democrats are allowed entry?

10. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He does...

Maybe not on His chariot, but, He does have one:laugh:

11. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not True...

The church has become too entangled with SIN over the last few hundred years, or more!

There is way too much tolerance for sin, and no shame for [or from] the sin or those who commit the sin.

All Americans, all political parties too, shlould hang their heads in shame, fall to their knees and repent, then rise up and start sowing the seeds of salvation before it is too late to sow or reap. The Lord shall return like a "thief in the night!"

Pastor Paul:type:

12. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

The Bible also speaks of signs which will be evident in the end of times:

It also warns those who believe in Jesus to see that that day does not over take us unawares (or unprepared/ surprised/ unexpected). Jesus warns us of deception....... that even the very elect will be challenged to break through the confusion to hold fast to the truth.

While it is foolish to speculate as to the year, the month, the day, the hour..... (speculate=to meditate on a given subject; reflect. To engage in risky business transactions on the chance of great profit.) God gave us a book with the warnings of the times and seasons which he has established..... and that means he has a certain expectation of our performance in understanding preparation and obediance to him: He even has assigned to us, not only the great commission to tell others and warn them of judgement and hell, but also of redemption through the Savior that they might turn from wickedness and have life by believing in the completed work of The Lamb of God who rose to be our Priest and Advocate before the throne of God. But he also has told us to love one another and as we see the times approaching to encourage one another, bringing into our rememberance the words of faith which He had written in the Bible.

To ridicule this is foolishness..... and disobediant to the Lord.
    You do not seem to know what you are saying:
    God is concerned and has been concerned and grieved since the fall in the garden: He has repeatedly shown his love mercy and grace and the power of his judgement, and gave himself to redeem us ..... for those who will believe, and to those who refuse.... no excuse in their standing in the judgement.

There is no day which passes but what this message is appropriately preached, whether there's an election before the nation or not.

But the message for the church and those in the body of Christ is to seek after righteousness and holiness.... and to trust God in faith. If we have received the faith to believe: if we have that eternal hope: if we have the holy Spirit dwelling within, while we may not be perfect nor obedient and consistantly agreed with one another, there is the desire to seek his wisdom, act according to his word, and to so live that we are not ashamed when the day comes where our works are judged whether they be of eternal value, or stubble and hay to be burned.... having been non productive for the kingdom.

No, precious soul, no man should go to the polls and vote out of fear: But what some perceive as fear, others consider to be instruction and warning; Before we reap we sow: If we sow bad seed, we do not get a good crop. When we elect our government.... we are choosing those who will have power over the circumstances in which ministry and the gospel, our families and our prosperity may flourish or be restrained.

It is a choice which many before us took so seriously they gave their lives that we might have this opportunity. Our government is the closest gift to a nation which God has even given a people since the time the children of Israel voted against God and clamoured for a king like other nations. When our leaders are just we will rejoice, but when they are evil, we are reproached because we choose unwisely.... and threw our pearls to the swine.

Mind you, I am not labelling any one as swine, nor promoting one candidate over another in this post because this is your responsibility to choose and it is upon your judgement and the reasons for your choices as to how you vote. We are each accountable to God for our choice. I personally trust God that he will favor the choice of each person who seeks his guidance and bases their vote upon obediance to the will of God. This may not mean that the winner got our vote.... but it does encourage the favor of God to carry us through whatever we may endure.

Sodom and Gomorrah, would have been saved by the 'vote' of 10 righteous men. Perhaps, though out numbered, God might have brought revival and repentance to a people corrupted and blinded by their evil living .....by the testimony and faith of just 10 men. Ninevah was slated for judgement..... but one man, reluctant in his obediance to God, nevertheless obeyed and judgement was delayed as the city repented. We are like the little clouds which God has spread accros the sky, seemingly too small to give our world the change it truely needs..... but it we give forth that which God has given to us ..... how can we know the power of God to magnify and bless and multiply that rain throughout the thirsty land, and bring revival and hope to a people who will seek him?

13. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

What I'm calling into question is the way in which the evangelical church has become so intertwined with one political party that the faith of a member of the other party is often called into question. I believe that this has done significant harm to the church. I also did question the Biblical basis for everyone continually saying that these are the end times. This has been done for a long time. Maybe you think it's obvious that times are much harder now than during the Depression, World War II or the Cuban Missie Crisis. It's not clear to me. I do think the faith of most Christians is much weaker and they're much less likely to help their fellow man than they were in times past.

14. donnA

donnA Active Member

Not only did Tim not say this, he didn't say anything that even sound slike this, or could even be twisted to sound like this.

15. donnA

donnA Active Member

what kind of faith says it's alright to murder a live born baby, because it isn't christian faith.

16. donnA

donnA Active Member

yeah, and until now christians haven't been supporting murdering live birth babies, or approving those who say thers nothing immoral about homosexuality, giving approval to what God calls evil. Apparently by your post you think God doesn't care.

17. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

AMEN!!!...

:applause: :applause:

18. donnA

donnA Active Member

So apparently you beleive God doesn't care about murdering live birth babies, or about that His people approve of it?
    humm, thats interesting, you can of course prove with scripture God doesn't care when live birth babies or even aborted babies are murdered.

19. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I Think donnA Got Ya LeBuick

You got to admit, donnA got you guys [BB and LB]. He is not only a babykiller, he is pimping for votes by promising to TAX the rich and redistribute that tax to the poor. I say that he will continue to kill babies [with his Supreme Court nominations], and NEVER send the excess tax to the poor....what say you BB and LB????:wavey:

Pastor Paul:tear:

20. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

In case you wasn't paying attention, I said AMEN to the fact that God is more concerned about his Church. Do you disagree?