1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Poor Big Bird

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Oldtimer, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

Poor, poor Big Bird, somebody is out to get him. Look out, big fellow, somebody has you squarely within his rifle sights.

Lots of folks have your back. Epecially those who believe the EVIL RICH are going to destroy your home and all you've managed to scrounge for your nest. But, that may not be enough. :tear: :tear:

And now for the rest of the story, as just heard on our local TV news station.

We are borrowing money to help pay his salary and the other high salaries associated with this TV -- yes TV -- program. How many people owned a TV the year I was born - 1945?

I posted this here rather than in news or politics, because, IMO, this is another example of wanting to know the whole story, to the extent possible. Whether its scriptures, an individual politician's (or pastor's) alleged activities, or just about anything else in life that has a ???? associated with it.

Today, we see and hear so much half-truth, one-sided accounts, and just outright lies being promoted as truth. Satan is having a field day, as truth is being shoved aside. It seems that fewer and fewer people, in the church and out, are taking the time and/or making the effort to seek the rest of the story.

That's where the real :tear: should be shed.

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest........ FWIW.

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I know - it's sad. It's so hard to believe anything we see anymore.

That said, I love Carol Spinney. :)

3. Sminasian

Sminasian Member

Our country does not have the money to pay for television. We are still fighting 2 wars, a third war is looming in Syria, and we are about 20 trillion dollars in debt. 99 percent of people have cable anyway, and seasame street is on cable channels as well. I know as I have 2 grand daughters. So the govt paying for tv is COWCHIPS. My father grew up during the depression, 13 children in his family, no one gave them a dime, as a matter of fact, food was rationed during ww2. People had to do with out. IMAGINE THAT. What a concept. NOT having the Govt pay for everything. Now THATS a new school of thought!!!!!!

4. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    and they think that "roughing it" is doing without Sesame Street!!!

:BangHead:

5. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's time for a barbecue!

HankD

6. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

How do you think Oscar the Grouch feels?!

He already is living in a garbage can!

7. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

But at least it is a CLEAN garbage can!