1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pope John Paul not happy with heaven?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Ben W, Apr 29, 2005.

1. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

2. Soulman

Soulman New Member

I fear that an old man closed his eyes in death having done all the good he thought needed to secure his home in heaven. Opened his eyes in the torments of hell, finally understanding his works were as filthy rags.

Wherever the pope is now we can rest assured that his desire for mankind has changed to simple repentance and trusting in the shed blood of Christ.

3. LorrieGrace

LorrieGrace Member

The Onion is not a serious publication. It is meant for amusement. And from what I have heard, JP II did believe that salvation was through the blood of Christ. From the posts I read here, a lot of people on this board are gonna be surprised to see the pope when they get to heaven, that is IF they make it there.

4. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

Sorry Lorrie....but the pope was a Mary worshiper who also believed that salvation came only through the "works" of the sacraments as administered by his false church.He may have been sincere...of that I have no doubt....but he was sincerely deceived as are millions of other practicing catholics who believe that "grace" and "salvation" come through the sacraments of the catholic church.Their definition (and his) of grace means something ENTIRELY different than what the Word of God actually teaches and should be rejected outright by ANY Bible Believing Blood Washed Born Again Child of God.Salvation comes only by trusting in Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour by GRACE ALONE,Through FAITH ALONE in the shed Blood of the Lamb of God as our atoning sacrifice on the cross of calvary.That alone is the covering for our sins and the way of our salvation.NOT the "mass",worship of Mary,baptism as a "sacrament"....none of these WORKS impart the true GRACE of God.Study your Bible and ask God to reveal the truth to you....and reject all false doctrine.God Bless You.By the way...most of us would recognise that the "Onion" is for amusement only....only thing is...the subject matter of this article is NO JOKE.Another precious soul has probably split hell wide open...and that IS NO JOKE.IT is always a sad tragedy when someone lives their whole life deceived and dies LOST and blinded to the true Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.We can't be the judge...but we can know them by their fruit and recognize reality as set forth in the Word of God.It's called "discernment".

Greg Sr.

Greg Sr.

5. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    "By the way...most of us would recognise that the 'Onion' is for amusement only....only thing is...the subject matter of this article is NO JOKE.Another precious soul has probably split hell wide open...and that IS NO JOKE."

Any good joke has to have a grain of truth. I have no idea whether John Paul II "split hell wide open" and would not care to speculate.

However, the Onion article is not really about John Paul II so much as our religious preconceptions and the folly of worldy fame. You could write pretty much the same thing about any number of modern noncatholic preachers who meet their Maker.

"'Up here, everyone is equal,' John Paul II said. 'No one has to go through an elaborate bowing ritual when they greet me. And do you know how many times my ring has been kissed since I arrived? None. Up here, I'm mingling with tax collectors, fishermen, and whores. It's just going to take a little getting used to, is all.'"

From what I know about JP II, he wouldn't be at all surprised about the situation. Some Baptists probably would.

6. Soulman

Soulman New Member

Posted by rsr: From what I know about JP II, he wouldn't be at all surprised about the situation. Some Baptists probably would.

I'll bet he was surprized to see where he is. You are right as there are some pretty far out baptists on this board.

Posted by LorrieGrace: From the posts I read here, a lot of people on this board are gonna be surprised to see the pope when they get to heaven, that is IF they make it there.

From what I know of the pope he was a true believer of RC doctrine. We have a God that cannot lie. The RCC has a god that does nothing but lie.

7. violet

violet Guest

We're using The Onion as a news source?

8. donnA

donnA Active Member

The pope would have been a faithful follower of the RCC doctrines, and nothing less, or he would never have been pope. Of course he believed the lies of the RCC, he taught them and endorsed them. There is no salvation but through Jesus Christ alone, but the doctrines the pope believed were of a false gospel, foreign to scripture. You can't make up a doctrine of salvation and expect to go to heaven on it, and thats what the RCC has done and lured many to hell.

9. yabba

yabba New Member

I'm sorry but did anyone here actually get a chance to talk to the pope? Ask the pope how he was saved? If he was saved? If not, then you have no clue, just as I have no clue into the salvation of any of you. This type of speculation is nothing short of arrogance.

10. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Why is Pope John Paul dressed like Santa Claus?

11. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Why is Pope John Paul dressed like Santa Claus?

12. donnA

donnA Active Member

We know what he claimed to believe. What he preached. Why would he believe something different then the church he represented? Nope the judgement is against the doctrines of the RCC's version of salvation. Which isn't biblical.

13. Soulman

Soulman New Member

He taught another doctrine than was delivered to the saints and therefore accursed according to the Word of God.

14. David Michael Harris

David Michael Harris Active Member

God takes no pleasure in the death of a sinner, but it seems a lot of Christians do?

David

15. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But---

He was such a kind man.

He was such a religious man.

He was such a forgiving man.

He suffered so much.

He remained celibate his entire life.

He led the faithful for over 25 years.

He prayed many prayers.

He did the rosary at least once a day.

He did the Mass every day.

Surely he will be canonized soon.

Was he born again? He knows and God knows.

Enough, already, he is gone--too late to change anything.

Selah,

Bro. James

16. Keith M

Keith M New Member

The Onion sure missed the mark, didn't it? I found the article not at all amusing - about as funny as a screen door on a submarine...