1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pope JPII praised VOODOO

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by Jillian, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Jillian

Jillian New Member

I am posting some of these to show the unity lovers what they are seeking to dialogue and unite with.

Pope JPII PRAISES VOODOO

www.afrikaworld.net/afrel/atr-popes.htm
    Quote:TO VOODU REPRESENTATIVES OF BENIN

Cotonou, 4 February 1993

The foundations of dialogue

I am happy to have this opportunity to meet you, and I greet you most cordially. As you know, I have come to Benin first of all to visit the Catholic communities, in order to encourage them and confirm them in their faith. However, I have always considered contact with people belonging to different religious traditions an important part of my ministry.

Indeed, the Catholic Church looks favourably upon dialogue: dialogue with Christians of other Churches and Ecclesial Communities, dialogue with believers of other spiritual families, and dialogue too with those who profess no religion. She wants to establish positive and constructive relationships with individuals and with the human groups of various faiths in view of a mutual enrichment.

The Second Vatican Council, which mapped out the Church's route for the end of this millennium, recognised that in the diverse religious traditions there is something true and good, the seeds of the Word. It encouraged Christ's disciples to discover "the riches which a generous God has distributed among the nations" (AG 11).

These are the foundations for a fruitful dialogue, as the Apostle Paul declared to the first Christians: "Whatever is true, whatever is honourable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things" (Ph 4:[​IMG] . Everywhere our attitude is one of respect: respect for true values, wherever they may be found; respect especially for the person who seeks to live these values, helping to banish fear.

The value of tradition

You have a strong attachment to the traditions handed on by your ancestors. It is legitimate to be grateful to your forebears who passed on this sense of the sacred, belief in a single God who is good, a sense of celebration, esteem for the moral life and for harmony in society.

Your Christian brothers and sisters, like you, appreciate what is beautiful in these traditions because like you, they are sons and daughters of Benin. However, they are equally grateful to their "ancestors in the faith," from the Apostles to the missionaries, who brought them the Gospel. These missionaries let them learn the "Good News" that God is Father and has become close to people through his Son, Jesus Christ, the bearer of a joyful message of liberation.

If we go back further into history, we see that the ancestors of these missionaries who came from Europe had themselves received the Gospel when they already had another religion and a worship. In receiving the message of God, they did not lose anything. On the contrary, they gained by knowing Jesus Christ and, by Baptism, through him they became sons and daughters of the God of Love and Mercy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

www.afrikaworld.net/afrel/vatican.html

www.afrikaworld.net/afrel/index.html

afgen.com/afr_pope.html

2. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Perhaps you can show where he praised vodoo.

BTW welcome to the BB. Catholic bashing has been in short supply as of late.

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

She's been a member since 2005...

4. Jillian

Jillian New Member

List a "beautiful tradition" in Voodun.

As for Catholic "bashing", that is Rome's play the victim silence the truth gambit. Whenever they shout ANTICATHOLIC, CATHOLIC BASHER it is the same thing as when militant homosexuals shout HOMOPHOBE!

I am an Ex-Catholic, so have every right to criticize them.

5. Jillian

Jillian New Member

I registered and then didnt post yet, glad I could get my old pastword:)

6. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Vatican will tolerate or compromise with all the other religions or paganism, except the True Christian Believers faithful with NT teachings.

Pope has been nothing but the C.E.O of the human body slaughter house which operated Inquisition and Proxy Wars, killing true Christians throughout the history and this C.E.O. has been the High Priest of Idolatry and Goddessworship.

That's why many True Christians believed the Popes are the anti-Christs, and the ANTI-Christ will come in the form of Pope.

Voodooism may have the common points with RCC which insists the Transubstantiation, in objection to the Leviticus 17:10- prohibiting the eating of Blood. RCC honestly confess that they are the religion of the cannibalism. Every week they confess they drink the human blood, stupidly without knowing that the Blood was offered to God for the atonement, not for the human drinking. Bloody Paganism !