1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pope's Comments Outrage Israel

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Enoch, Aug 3, 2005.

1. Enoch

Enoch New Member

But none of that has stopped him releasing comments which, diplomatically speaking, are not terribly far away from giving Israel a very un-Catholic middle finger. </font>[/QUOTE]
    Pope
    Israel outraged

2. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

You mean the anti-christ doesn't like the Jews?

3. mioque

mioque New Member

Joseph Ratzinger has public relations disaster written all over him.
    Former member of a nazi-youth group, army deserter, former head of the inquisition...

4. Enoch

Enoch New Member

[​IMG]

I remember this as well, but many people defended this action because he was forced/required.

I have not really paid much attention to the Pope since his election. This caught my attention and raised some concern and interest. Of course in general I have concern for the Catholic faith but that’s another topic. ;)

This will be interesting. What type of reception does he honeslty expect? I wish I could be there to protest the Pope. :cool: Story

5. mioque

mioque New Member

"but many people defended this action because he was forced/required."
    "
    He was. And when he headed the Inquisition he didn't go around burning people at the stake either.
    Even so the pope is in a sense the face of the RCC, both to the outside and to it's members. Papa Ratzi (pardon the pun) has (rightly or wrongly) the word VILLAIN written all over him. The only way they could have picked someone worse for the job would have been if they had elected a childmolester. Joseph did support the policy of covering up the acts and shuffling around childmolesting priests.
    And now he is acting like those imams who don't feel like blanketly condemning terrorist bombings, because there are special circumstances in which... etc.

"What type of reception does he honeslty expect? "
    "
    I think that article in your first post has got one thing wrong. The Vatican is not a slick operation. Most people who make the choiches overthere are very far removed from the real world.

"I wish I could be there to protest the Pope."
    "
    Be glad you can't. I can already read the headlines in the more upscale British tabloids:"Burly Yankee tries to bully old crossdresser in Jewish church!" ;)