1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Popular Mechanic's take on Hurricane Katrina

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by Petrel, Mar 6, 2006.

1. Petrel

Petrel New Member

You wouldn't think that a source like Popular Mechanics would have a whole lot to say about the whole Hurricane Katrina fiasco, but indeed they do! Their cover story for March is an 11-page article analyzing the disaster, debunking myths, and making recommendations for future hurricanes. I like the way that they realize the importance of undisturbed barrier islands and wetlands in buffering such storms. We have a self-destructive tendency to just drain, pave, and build over every inch of the land without thought for the consequences.

Now What? The Lessons of Katrina

This is the most extensive disaster analysis and planning guide I've read since The Zombie Survival Guide. Remember the Boy Scout's motto--be prepared!

2. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I'll definately check it out later. I actually heard someone mention it yesterday on cable news, but the way she said it, I thought she was kidding.

Thanks so much for the link!