1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Possible new tract

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by TheBibleSender, Nov 26, 2011.

1. TheBibleSender

TheBibleSender New Member

If you were going to use a tract on Evolution which cover would you like best?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I like the second one.

3. TheBibleSender

How about these two?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

I wouldn't use tracts. They are outdated and largely ineffective.

5. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

yep:thumbs:

6. milby

milby Member

How did you come to this conclusion?

7. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I still like the one without pictures better - but I like the one in the first post better than the one in the second post.

8. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

Keep in mind, these are not my words:

Preach: to speak, audibly, a particular message, with varying degrees of intensity

The: Denoting one or more people or things already mentioned or assumed to be common knowledge: "what's the matter?"; "call the doctor".

Gospel: The death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ

PREACH THE GOSPEL

9. TheBibleSender

Thanks for the feedback. Hopefully I will get them printed soon. Right now I am focusing mainly on the 2012 tract and DVD. God bless. :)

10. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

Several reasons.

Most of them that I have seen (and, as a former server in a restaurant, I've seen tons) are simply bad theology, with formulas, stupid analogies and catchphrases (like "are you on his space? Who's space? God's space!").

It is a passive-aggressive mode of "evangelism." It's like dropping a "Jesus bomb" and running. Real evangelism is based on relationship, not little gimmicks.

I've never seen someone respond positively to them. In fact, when I was doing my theological work in grad school and serving tables to pay for it, I often had to do damage control with my non-Christian coworkers and correct the errors of the tract (and the feeling that they were being judged) so that they wouldn't come away with a completely negative impression of Christians and the gospel.

11. TheBibleSender

I will agree with you about the bumper sticker tracts. Those that use those phrase like God wants you on his Facebook page. But you can't paint all tracts with a broad brush of bad theology. As for the feeling of people being judged I hate to say it but they are being judged and will be judged. If you were to tell them the same things that a good tract said would they still not feel judged. Again for you to say that tracts don't work you would have to know every single situation in which a tracts was used not just your experience. That is like an atheist saying there is no God There is no way they can say that because they would have to know everything in the universe to make such a statement.

12. TheBibleSender

Preach means to

1) to be a herald, to officiate as a herald
    a) to proclaim after the manner of a herald
    b) always with the suggestion of formality, gravity and an authority which must be listened to and obeyed
    2) to publish, proclaim openly: something which has been done
    3) used of the public proclamation of the gospel and matters pertaining to it, made by John the Baptist, by Jesus, by the apostles and other Christian teachers

If a person does not want to use tracts that is there business but another Christian should never criticize the way another believer proclaims the gospel unless it is completely unbiblical. God bless. :)