1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Post-Jan Neopolitano AZ state politics

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by ktn4eg, Dec 6, 2008.

1. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Current governor of AZ, Janet Neopolitano (sp?) has been tapped by the incoming Obama transition team to be the next Homeland Security Secretary.

Under the current AZ state constituion, whenever there's a vacancy in the office of AZ Governor, the incumbent Secretary of State assumes the governorship of AZ until such a time as there is a special election for the voters to vote for whom they want as AZ governor. (Not sure of the details as to how soon the special election must be held and/or other related issues to this situation [Is the incumbent SoS just an "acting" governor or is THE governor or what?])

AAR, when Gov. "Napoleon" (as she's sometimes called by those who aren't members of her fan club) is no longer AZ Gov. (i.e., after she resigns to be officially the next Homeland Def. Secy), the AZ SoS "takes over" at least in some capacity as the next AZ Gov.

The incumbent AZ SoS is Janet Brewer. She's not a Democrat as "Napoleon" is---she's a Republican!

In conversations w/my brother who lives in/near Tucson AZ, he was telling me that Jan Brewer isn't exactly of the same cut of GOP as, say the late Sen. Barry Goldwater was, but probably closer to that of the AZ senator who "came in second" in last month's Presidential election.

IOW she's not a card-carrying member of the vast right wing conspiracy as the future US SoS put it, but she's neither a RINO to the extent that the GOP governor of the next state to the west of AZ ("The Governator") is either.

I'm just wondering if any of my BB friends have any thoughts on how "AZ GOP Gov Jan Brewer" may change things for at least as long as she's "da Gov."

Will she (as "Napoleon" once did) deploy the AZ National Guard to the border between AZ & Mexico, and then ask other US governors (possibly AK Gov. Palen if she was AK Gov at the time [not sure if she was AK Gov when this happened]) to activate elements of their states' National Guard (ARNG and/or ANG) to heed her "Macedonian Call" and "come of here to help us" [Side note: The TN ANG unit to which I was assigned {the Nashville TN-based 118th Airlift Wing} had some of its C-130's and accompanying maintenance & Areomed Evac people answer TN Gov Bredesen's call to "come west and help them."]?

Or will she, probably more pertinent to the current situation that most state governments are facing, employ even greater "slash and burn" policies in cutting to number AZ state govt employee positions and/or work hrs and/or salaries/benefits?

Of course, this is really only speculation since "AZ Gov-designate" Republican Janet Brewer hasn't yet been sworn in yet, but if any of my BB friends--whether or not they may actually live in (or have relatives/dealings with things) in AZ--wish to pontificate on what AZ may be like when Janet Brewer does take the reins as "da Gov," you're welcome to add your $0.02 to this thread

2. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

DOUBLE-POST/THREAD!! (Sorry, but my trigger finger is getting a little more shakey in my "old age" [62.5]) :type: ----BB administrators (or whoever does this kind of thing) please delete this thread ASAP so we don't have our BB responders replying to 2 threads)!! :BangHead:

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Republican's need to fight Neopolitano's nomination.

She's not a good candidate for that office.