Posting in my name!

Discussion in 'Member Questions, Feedback & Suggestions' started by Milady, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Milady

Milady
    Expand Collapse

I have signed out of my husband's account three times. Into mine the same number. But the time I went to post, it came up that He posted! I am not sure what to do.
    Milady/ Dale-C

2. mcdirector

mcdirector
    Expand Collapse

*whew* girl!

I thought when I saw the title of your thread that someone (besides Dale :D) had figured out how to post under your name! Wouldn't that be a mess?!?!

I do hope you get this figured out, but I am relieved it's all on your computer!

3. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper
    Expand Collapse

So long as Dale's name doesn't start showing up in WPF.......:eek:

4. El_Guero

El_Guero
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

This shouldn't work, but it might.

Log out of his account. Go to "tools" then "internet options" The in the middle you should be able to "delete cookies" and "delete files". Close your browser and open a new browser.

In the new browser go to the board - you should be logged out. Log in and see if it is you there.

[Something is 'odd' about the manner in which the board's computer software is behaving - but, I cannot put a finger on it.]

You should also be able to log out. close your browser. open a new browser. log in and change users. If not - something is odd.

In Him

Wayne

5. standingfirminChrist

standingfirminChrist
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I might also add after deleting cookies and files as Wayne suggested, you may want to shut down your computer completely. Let it stay off for at least 8 seconds. Then reboot. This clears any cache that was not cleared using the method Wayne gave.

One such file that retains that info is the index.dat file. It is not cleared until one does a shutdown.

In Christ
    Ron