1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Posting Room For Doctrine of Grace Believers Only

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Earth Wind and Fire, Nov 20, 2011.

1. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Would HAVE to bejust as regarding Sotierology, as regarding "reformed" aspect of theology!

Good point on just HOW "reformed" have to be regarding Grace, as I am a 4 pointer, actually considered Amyraldist, and not considered in the "cal camp!"

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well as long as your beliefs are in line with the rest of the group.....We realize you live in Detroit!

3. JesusFan

Close, actually macomb, more like "midwestern" middle class suburbea!

4. JesusFan

bexcause we would still be able to hold to DoG, and yet have "lively" discussions among us as regarding creeds/govt type in church/second coming etc!

5. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

You may be on to something EWF. An Admin could take the place of God and elect all those who are allowed to take part in the glorious Reformed Category and pass by those who are not. :thumbsup:

But you may not be predestined to participate. :eek:

6. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Just another way that DoGers think they are better than the rest of us heathens...

7. Ruiz

Ruiz New Member

Or another reason for you to criticize us.

8. 12strings

12strings Active Member

I think his point is: It's not always the non-Calvinists who go on the attack criticizing people...

9. Allan

Allan Active Member

And that was sort of my point.. if you can obtain a basic qualifier on whom would be included.. then yes, a potentially more orderly debate could arise and I believe this can be said on the other side of the coin as well regarding a forum for non-cals. I think what the Admins DO NOT desire is to set up specific forums for every view a person desires to speak to without debate from others who hold a view in opposition. Yet in effect you would have to limit many of the types of discussion also to centralized areas such as soterology. Remember (and I'm sure you do) that many Reformed have varying veiws on escatology (future things) so this would also have as much hard debating and critique with reformed as with the rest of us.. hehehehe :)

10. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Why can't these "reformed" discussions be in the Discussion part of the forum where debate is not allowed?

11. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, if Calvies get their very own "protected" sub-forum, will that protect the rest of us from surprise attacks in the other forums? Will it prevent all the little Calvinist comments that keep popping up all over the place besides the theology forum? If so, yeah, go for it. Or do the Calvies want their own "protected" forum while still coming to the regular forum to spam almost every thread with tulips? Big difference there.

I, for one, would like to open a thread on any given topic without finding a C/A mess hidden inside. It discourages me from posting anything.

We had a C/A sub-forum here once upon a time. It produced more heat than light and was removed permanently.

12. Ruiz

Ruiz New Member

To paraphrase Luther, to be a theologian means to debate.

13. JesusFan

just curious...

You do realise that it is FAR MORE of thetime here on the BB that Non cals "rake the cals" over the coals as being ignorant, believering in false theology, holding to Calvin/Ausgustine as being Apostles etc?

That MOST of the fervor are from the side of those seeing DoG as unbiblical, and not from camp of us that hold to cal sotierology theology?

14. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I disagree - I stay out of this squabble on purpose and I see equal hatred, ugliness, vitriol, and ungodliness posted by both sides of this fight. Both sides, of course, think that the other side is worse.

15. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't care who is tossing "more" crud. The point is, the crud is stinking to high heaven and getting smeared everywhere on BB. It isn't Godly and has prevented more than one person from posting on a regular basis.

16. JesusFan

I agree completely with what you have posted regarding just how "ungodly" at times discussion between those holding to DoG and others can get, but my contention is that its usually those oppossed to DoG get more to the side of posting "unChristlike" fashion!

17. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

But that is not what the OP wants. He wants to "learn" and discuss with other Cals. The Discussion forum would allow for that without any debating. That was my point.

18. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know who is more "unChristlike." My contention is that the Calvies cannot SEEM to discuss any other topic anywhere on the BB without turning it into a C/A argument.

19. Ruiz

Ruiz New Member

Amy,

We learn by debating. I appreciate the optimism, but it will result in good debates.

20. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I'm not against debating. I agree with you. I've done plenty of it in the last 5 years here on the BB. :laugh:
    I'm just suggesting a possible solution to the OP's question.